Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Gibson In Serious Trouble

Discussion in 'Guitars and Guitar Amps' started by Hector, Feb 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nightmaresandconclusions

Nightmaresandconclusions

A company that mis managed needs to just call it a day. These big companies need to adapt or close. I think there is a shift to smaller more boutique company's.

I wonder if they will be a Namm this year?

2. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    I don't think it's good for a brand that made legendary instruments to just close because it had the bad luck to be mismanaged lately. Imagine sometime in the distant future Warwick gets mismanaged by someone (which it won't because it's a family business). Would you want the company to shut down?

3. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

That would be a shame. Gibson can make very nice guitars, when they wanted to (not sure about now, people have complained about the QA for the 2019 models, but those guitars were probably produced prior to Henry's outsting)

They are supposed to attend NAMM this year, or so I read somewhere....

4. Hector

Family businesses are not immune to bad management. It all depends on how hard the people who inherit the business want to work... I have heard of more than one company go to the dogs simply because the sons/daughters preferred to sell it and live a life of luxury, rather than work hard every day to continue building it.

Let's pray that doesn't happen to Framus / Warwick !

5. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    There's NO WAY WHATSOEVER this can happen to Framus/Warwick. The force is too strong with this one. :)

Hardy likes this.
  6. Nightmaresandconclusions

Nightmaresandconclusions

I don't think it is bad luck for this to happen in business, I also don't think it happened quickly this would have been coming for a long time.

Id guess they got greedy and tried to grow too big and became out of touch with their own market. If Warwick were stupid enough to get in this situation then id think the same thing. Pity, but oh well... Next.

7. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

They tried to venture into a different market and failed. In our western world we focus on economic growth way too much. When you're making a good living building and selling high quality instruments, that should really be enough.

Focus on building the best possible product instead of making the most possible money. Humankind will prosper if we all do so.

8. Hector

Dead on... the only problem is when you have to answer to investors that want MOAR all of the time... Just look at Apple, they made billions in profit in Q4 2018, but since they announced the slowdown in sales, their stocks took a shit... It makes zero sense, except when you factor in pure avarice.

9. Hector

Never say never.. It can happen to any company, in fact it happens regularly. It's a fact of life.

If a meteor hits the office building in Markneukirchen this afternoon, then who knows what direction the company will go.. Especially if someone like Thomann decided to get into the guitar building business, bought Warwick/Framus and then hire an MBA to "maximise profits".

DiMarco likes this.
  10. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

People fail to see "profit" is something that exists on many levels. They only look at the financial bits.

Hector likes this.