GAS and NEED ... how can you tell them apart?

Reaction score
just as we are plague between knowing the difference between love and infatuation, so do various musicians of all kinds...

so i want to know what are your thoughts on the topic question - despite it being discussed to death in various forums

-*-

the thing with infatuation, is that sometimes eventhough you know it is an illussion, for some reason, you still cant let go of it...

i believe i am having serious GAS for a thumb 2006 ltd... i cant seem to sleep thinking about it... the other GAS-ses... i can put in the back of my mind and not think of it... this one is bothering me big time.

Lex

Warwick Endorser
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but for Warwick owners, GAS = NEED.

;)

Reaction score
Well,

I do think there is a difference between temporary GAS and long term GAS, even though you don't really need it in both cases....... :roll:

Reaction score
Give yourself a month and see if you have recovered. If you are still GASsing yourself out then I think the answer is there.

Reaction score
Well, if i've been GASSING for a Thumb NT5 and CS Streamer stage 1 for about a year even though i cant afford it, is that a need? =D

Reaction score
Well, if you have no other bass you NEED it. If you need another bass for another string, another tuning etc. you NEED it. If you just want one to be cool and because they are so insanely nice, smooth, and just sexy. It's GAS =D

Reaction score
Mr Bassman Sax said:
Give yourself a month and see if you have recovered. If you are still GASsing yourself out then I think the answer is there.

A month ?? There are a lot of basses that I GAS for for a much longer period............... :twisted:

Reaction score
*lol*

nice posts anyone... i'll do the one month test ... starting now, and if i still want it badly... then yes, i NEED it.

i only have 2 basses ... and im not playing the stingray anymore... so that gives me 1 bass that i like and its a darklork, ergo, heavy!

Reaction score
Want & need are 2 different things & should never be debated when it comes to Warwick bass.

Avram

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I agree. I want/need a Thumb NT and a Corvette $$ so bad I'm going to buy a Rockbass Corvette Classic because thats all I can afford right now. But if I don't get a bass guitar soon I'm gonna jump out of my own skin!! :shock:

(sigh) anyways, yeah...when it comes to a physical representation or tool of spirituality, or at least personal expression, which is what a musical instrument is, want and need are the same thing. :wink:

I guess the real question is, will you starve with it, or without it?

Reaction score
Not to go all serious on a fun thread...

But now that I have all the essentials, I consider every music gear purchase to be GAS. I judge how much I 'needed' a bass or whatever AFTER I've had it for a little while. If it inspires me to play more and try new things then I did in fact need it. If not, it usually finds its way to eBay... :lol:

Reaction score
when i got my corvette, i needed it, cause i was still playing on a 300 dollar bass after 3 years of playing. the nemesis was necesisty because when i bought my warwick, i only had a little practice amp. everything else was bought out of impulse, or a slight need for to make it sound better, and dumb luck ($75 ampeg anyone? :D). you have a warwick now, and i'm sure you love it. if i were you, i would buy something contributing to the sound in your head (eq's, amps, cabinets, effects etc). if you all ready have it, i would say your next purchase should be a bass. :D my next purchase will definitly be a bass, i have a tube amp, effects and pedals and stuff, drum set, guitars.

Top Bottom