FS/FT: Warwick Streamer Stage II 1987 - read the 3d [ITA - CH - euw]

Reaction score
Hi,
here's for sale my pride bass, a 1987 warwick streamer stage II, the 29° streamer stage II ever made

you know all the characteristics : afzelia body , wengè neck + fingerboard, emg pus + emg electronic, all original except for the jack plate (replaced with a xlr in the 1989 from the original owner) easy replaceable with a normal one
+ there is a little superficial splinter in the back of the headstock
and i lost che plastic cover for the battery

it is all functional but very used (never stopped to play!)

here is the pics, click on the right from this:

to this:

asking 900 € + 100 for ship
europe only

i'm open for trade only with:

warwick infinity 5 SN
warwick dolphin 5 SN
warwick katana 5
warwick vampyre 5

i'm from north italy near the swiss

write me for any info ;)

bye

FMB

Reaction score
DSC_0460.jpg DSC_0463.jpg DSC_0467.jpg DSC_0468.jpg DSC_0466.jpg

some pics

Kev

Reaction score
Lovely! But could you please verify when a luthier confirmed that splinter is only superficial? It looks like potentially serious neck damage, maybe caused by a overtightened trussrod?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I don't think that is a superficial splinter unfortunately. It is a well known issue at older Warwicks, not difficult to fix, but still serious.

Reaction score
If he is whilling to ship to aus im happy to buy it, but id like to know more about this splinter :S

Florin

OG
Reaction score
The trussrod makes the back of the neck to crack. That's why we introduced the volute necks later in the end of the 90's

Reaction score
Okay thanks Florin, whether you want to tell me on here or not, or PM me, can you give your advice on how that would affect the bass' playability? Is it dead or will it require extensive repairs, or is it something that can be lived with...?? This is this guys for sale add so we dont want to demolish it but it is relavant to the sale. But if you would rather PM please do...

Reaction score
Like i think my tech would be able to glue the sh*t out of it if need be...

Florin

OG
Reaction score
All the repairs I've seen were solid, and never cracked again. Well, except one, haha!
And as far as I know it was not too complicated to fix. I am having a broken one atm, a tech is working on it.

Reaction score
hi all

dembonez i wrote i ship only in Europe 'cuz i know the price for that ship is about 100€, and i dunno what about ship in other continent (i'm noob about worldship, but has sold many bass in euw)

that jack was changed from the original owner but i dunno why
next week i'll be more free from work so i think i'll go to my luthier for change it with a new jack plate hole

i don't think it'll change the price (...hope i will spend less than 50€♣for this work)

for the splinter, i've already request the luthiers expertise that said it was a little crack that don't compromise nothing, and it's fixed by another luthier, so it's more like a splinter, 'cuz is only superficial

about the pictures u want... what SN means??

sorry for my ignorance :-/

MFB

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it is "just superficial" It comes from inside out, buddy.
SN means serial number :)
Ciao!

Reaction score
it's a crack as i say in the back of the headstock but it's like a splinter meaning it didn't compromise nothing (and it is fixed)
later i'll do a better photo, BTW it's like a normal SSII except for the jack plate that i'll change next week

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
wow that is a crack. but can be fixend by good luthier

Top Bottom