Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

FS: 1998 Warwick 5 String FNA w/ Bartolini Pickup & Audere Pro Z Preamp

Discussion in 'Bass Arena's Classifieds - Archive' started by FNA, Oct 16, 2013.

1. FNA

FNA

Hello Warwick fans,

For those of us with TLDR syndrome, here the skinny:

Asking USD$1000, no trades please. Prefer a local sale; I'm based in the Philadelphia, PA USA area. Sorry, not looking to ship internationally. Please send me a PM if you are interested. More pictures below.

_DSC2739 (2).JPG

I am posting this bass for sale (no trades) as I will be moving and have to limit what I can take with me. I really hate to part with this great bass. I am the second owner and I had the pickup and preamp upgraded to a Bartolini MV5CBC and an 18 volt Audere Pro Z preamp. I can include the original MEC pickup and Seymour Duncan Preamp in the sale. The bass comes with Gator ATA Flight case and the original Warwick gig bag if you can pickup locally.

My luthier has straightened the neck and set it up for low action. It is currently strung with taperwound Elixir mediums. The luthier also did the electronics upgrade. He added a series/single/parallel switch for the pickup and the preamp has a three-way 'Z-mode' switch. The Preamp can be set for different settings that affect the way the pickup is 'sensed' by the preamp. Note: this is a dual coil pickup so you get a real single coil selection (set up for the north/neck position on this bass).

Knobs: volume, stacked treble and bass, stacked high and low mids.

There is a super cool and bright blue LED that shows battery level for a few seconds when the cable is plugged in (turns off automatically). Great for blinding your band mates or the audience!

The preamp and pickup is very quiet, even in single coil mode. The Z-mode is pretty cool; you can read about the details on the Audere website, but essentially the Lo Z is a 'deeper' sound, Medium is 'normal', and Hi is 'brighter'. Settings for the preamp are set and stored via a pushbutton on the preamp board in the electronics cavity.

The bass is in overall good condition with some small nicks in the finish (or dings and dongs as we seem to call them on this forum... :) ). I tried to capture the cosmetic nicks in the pictures.

Pictures are posted below. Let me know if you'd like me to take a picture of something specific.

Thank you for looking.

BTW, I will try to post some sound clips later as the Audere preamp is capable of a range of sounds.

See the website below for information about the Audere preamp.
    http://www.audereaudio.com/Pro_Z.htm

Here is the information straight from a Warwick serial number request (From H. P. Wilfer himself!):

Bass FNA 5 string Bass
    Serial Number D 046982 98
    Year 1998
    Month April
    Number 1998
    Neck Wood Wenge Wood
    Fingerboard Wenge Wood
    Frets Bronze Warwick Frets
    Nut Just a Nut II
    Neck construction Bolt On
    Body
    - Top Side 2 pcs. flamed Maple Top
    - Backside 2 pcs. US Swamp Ash
    Surface Burgundy Red OFC Color (Satin Surface
    Pickups passive MEC MM Style Pickups with open Pool Piece (replaced with Bartolini MV5CBC)
    Electronic active Seymour Duncan 3 Band Electronic (replaced with Audere Pro Z)
    Hardware Gold Hardware
    Made in Germany / 08258 Markneukirchen
    Original Price +/- 2.300 USD...

_DSC2740 (2).JPG _DSC2741 (2).JPG _DSC2742 (2).JPG _DSC2743.JPG _DSC2744.JPG _DSC2745.JPG _DSC2748.JPG _DSC2749.JPG _DSC2754.JPG _DSC2755.JPG _DSC2756.JPG _DSC2757.JPG _DSC2758.JPG _DSC2759.JPG _DSC2761.JPG _DSC2762.JPG _DSC2763.JPG _DSC2764.JPG _DSC2765.JPG _DSC2766.JPG _DSC2767.JPG _DSC2768.JPG _DSC2769.JPG 20130929_125614.jpg

2. FNA

FNA

3. sprocket

sprocket

glws man , lovely bass & I real love the pre that s installed .

4. FNA

FNA

Thanks, sprocket. The Audere preamp is super flexible.

This thing doesn't just kill Stingrays, it eats 'em alive!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

5. sprocket

sprocket

lol , cool .

6. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

What a nice bass, man! Good luck with the sale!

7. FNA

FNA

Thanks, Florin! I love that FNA, but I have to slim down for a big move to the other side of the world... I'm keeping my Streamer JazzMan though... (used to belong to Alin Achim!)

8. FNA

FNA

Sold to a buyer in the U.S. for USD$800.