Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Fretless neck cost

Discussion in 'Warwick - Custom Shop' started by Shakin-Slim, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Anybody know how much it costs to get a fretless neck made? I tried to make an enquiry on the site but it didn't seem to let me. I'm looking to get a bolt on neck with ebony fingerboard and ovangkol neck for my Corvette Std. I've got an older one with a thinner neck and would want the same neck profile because the newer ones remind me of holding on to a tree trunk. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Shaun

2. Andrew O

Andrew O

This can't be done. If you had a fretless to begin with and your neck got ruined some how, you could get it replaced, but since you don't have a fretless and nothing is wrong with it, warwick won't let you get a custom neck made. Warwick also recently changed the neck profile back to the old one, so you can buy an 09 or newer fretless and get the thinner neck profile. Hope I was of some help, and sorry, but you can't just order a new neck.

3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

I know some places will let you buy a new one if you surrender the old. Aw well that's a major bummer. Most places in NZ don't sell fretless instruments of any make so they have to be custom.

4. Callum

Callum

You could look up a luither and get them to replace the FB with a fretless ebony board. Might work out cheaper than getting a new neck.