Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Framus / Warwick Expanding In The Us ?

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Hector, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

This is an interesting read:

Real estate notes: German guitar maker leases space in airport-area building | Nashville Post

Framus & Warwick Music Equipment Trading USA — the basses and guitars of which are used by multiple high-profile artists — has signed a lease to take space in a Nashville International Airport-area office building.

The German instrument manufacturer will launch its first U.S. distribution center this spring from the space, according to a release. Specifically, the company will operate from 10,000 square feet in a building with an address of 1922 Air Lane Drive (see here courtesy of Google Maps).

Terms of the lease were not disclosed in the release.

The distribution facility will join Framus & Warwick’s Nashville retail business, which opened in 2015 at 1115 12th Ave. S. (See here courtesy of Google Maps.)

Jerry Miele, vice president with Colliers International's Nashville office, represented property owner The Quarter Jackson LLC in the transaction. John Russell, a broker with Concord Commercial, represented Framus & Warwick.

From the new space, the company — which has showrooms in Shanghai, China, and Markneukirchen, Germany — will concentrate on brand awareness and distribution of Framus electric and acoustic guitars, along with RockBoard pedalboard accessories, according to the release.

Franconian Musical Instruments, a predecessor of Framus & Warwick, opened its first factory one year after World War II in converted military barracks. Since then, artists including John Lennon and Guy Pratt have purchased Framus guitars.

In 2012, Framus & Warwick billed itself as the first music industry company to achieve "carbon neutral" status.

Some artists who have used Warwick basses include Jack Bruce (Cream), Bootsy Collins, Robert Trujillo (Metallica), Adam Clayton (U2) and John Entwistle (The Who).

Hoggles and Hardy like this.
  2. Hoggles

Hoggles Supporting Member Good Vibe Sponsor

This is fantastic news! Hopefully this will also bring along the much needed US based website, that HP and Jon have said is coming for years now. Make it a bit easier for Jon and crew to ship out parts and accessories to us North American Wickens.

On a side note, I did use Thomann for the first time ever a few months ago. Even with the $30 flat shipping fee, it was way cheaper ($125 total) for 2 brass JAN3's...than going through Jon. Which would have been $170ish. So just a heads up :)

And to my amazement, it only took 7 days from Germany to my door. Impressive.

3. Hardy

Hardy Good Vibe Sponsor

Let's see if ol' Donald will establish import taxes like he pronounced. Back to US Fender, my American friends! :p

Nachobassman likes this.
  4. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

More likely Mexican or Chinese Fenders...

5. Gnermo

Gnermo

Maybe it has something to do with the CITES regulations? (rosewood ban etc)

Hoggles likes this.
  6. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

Who knows... Warwick has had lots of changes in distribution over in the U.S.
    Maybe they are simply taking matters in their own hands now.

Hoggles likes this.
  7. shaftbass

shaftbass

Chris
    I believe this was in the works long before the CITES regulations. I am talking to Warwick about doing the IT installation at the new place. It really just amounts to a different distribution system. Nothing major, really.

Hector and Hoggles like this.