Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Framus Removes Original Panthera And Diablo From Teambuilt & Masterbuilt

Discussion in 'Guitars and Guitar Amps' started by Hector, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

A sad day...

According to Framus' website, it seems the original Panthera and Diablo are no longer part of the Teambuilt or Masterbuilt product lines.

They are currently only available as part of the D-Series (made in China), and also Custom Shop (for really expensive).

Seems the last ones for sale are here: Sonderangebote

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 08.47.03.png

Nachobassman likes this.
  2. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

I don't understand this move, but we all know I'm no expert.

"Normal" Panthera guitars rule big time, IMO.:cool:

Hector likes this.
  3. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

You and me both. However, seeing that the majority of independent demos on Framus guitars on Youtube are either from Russia (13 stores carry them) or the far east (the one guy who posted on here a few years ago being the exception), maybe they're designing guitars now to fit those markets?

Their attempts to enter into the US market is probably best described as "disappointing". They list a few shops, but nothing major.

In Germany, they have only two dealers: One independent shop in Dresden, and Thomann. And that's their home country!

In the UK, they list Anderton's as their only dealer, but they don't sell Framus guitars, only Warwick basses....

Even locally, the only one online retailer used to carry them, but for some reason only had the more obscure / expensive models, such as a Masterbuilt AK 74 with gold hardware, and they wanted an absolute fortune for it.

There is a local "high-end" guitar store that I know has two Panthera IIs (high-end = they sell a lot of cork-sniffer Gibson/PRS/Fender guitars). They have had them on the racks for over two years now. Haven't budged. Doesn't help that there is zero advertising, and that the locals here buy on brand, not on what feels / plays best...

I don't know.. all I know is this move away from their original designs really disappoints me...

4. DiMarco

DiMarco nutcase Good Vibe Sponsor

If we think like that we would all still be playing telecasters and precision basses... No wait...

:D

Toepfer, Luc67, Hector and 1 other person like this.