Forum Expenses, And Financial Situation (supporting Members)

Reaction score
I see this place is in need of money to keep going. A sponsor could do the trick. As this site has members from all over the world, a local sponsor wouldn't be interested. So worlwide operating companies would be the ones to address. Here are a few: String manufacturers, UPS, Thomann, some PC/laptop brands.

The questions are, does Bass Arena want to be depending on a sponsor and are members prepared to tolerate advertising.
Not that I don’t appreciate your input, it’s just that I would prefer an ad-free home away from home.

Reaction score
I don't have Internet money or credit cards I mean

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thank you @Foal30 , thank you @Jay2U for support, you are awesome!!!!

Regarding banners- I feel strongly against them, this might be the only place I visit on internet without adds, and I love it!
However, if in the future we do it, we could easily select to be hidden to supporting member, and we could do some nice things with the money.
I repeat myself, but there are 2 things I am having in mind:
1- Mobile app, to have notiffications, etc. Xenforo has now a native mobile app but it would have a monthly fee. Most of our traffic comes from mobile, so I guess that would be a nice touch, to have our dedicated app.
2- We could invite almost ANY awesome bassist to record custom content for us, answer to forumers question, and give us some pro tips&tricks I would love to see that too.

What do you guys think about this? What other stuff would you like to see here?

zomnius

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Le roi
maybe we could do more stuff ourselves (vids) on tips tricks styles string tension or so? But there's a lot of this at youtube already. But we could focus on Wicks?

Reaction score
maybe we could do more stuff ourselves (vids) on tips tricks styles string tension or so? But there's a lot of this at youtube already. But we could focus on Wicks?

I, for one, would really appreciate if there was like an official forum-sanctioned place for tips and tricks-videos. The thing with the yout00b-videos is that you never know if the advice given is correct or sound. I'm terrible at everything that has to do with setup, so if we could have some good videos focused on Warwicks done by knowledgeable members, that would be great. If there also could be a discussion thread like this one for each video, it would be very useful. (Unfortunately, I don't see myself contributing much to this with my meagre skills :/ )

Reaction score
Hmm, I used to have links to websites in my signature, but now (as you can see) they're no longer working. Is this because I'm just a lowly supporting member, or is there something else that is wrong?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Oh no, God, we decided long ago that all users are equal, except that little hidden forum for all supporting members. When they disapeared?
Part of cleaning the forum when we moved here was to remove all signatures or links in signatures, because we used to have some fale accounts with malicious links. And no enlargement pills really worked...
You can safely redo your signature as you wish, mate. Let me know if I can help

jester

ocdemon
Reaction score
Real Name
Yanni
Oh no, God, we decided long ago that all users are equal, except that little hidden forum for all supporting members. When they disapeared?
Part of cleaning the forum when we moved here was to remove all signatures or links in signatures, because we used to have some fale accounts with malicious links. And no enlargement pills really worked...
You can safely redo your signature as you wish, mate. Let me know if I can help

They don't work??? That explains it...

Reaction score
Thanks @Florin , I'm glad it is not an exclusive feature :D

Anyway, I still cannot get it to work. I tried adding BB-code in the signature editor, and it works in the preview there, but not when I post to the forum, it seems.

Top Bottom