Forum Expenses, And Financial Situation (supporting Members)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thanks to all the Supporting Memebrs for the help!!!

We are really close to be 100% an indepent forum.

Here is the situation now:

Costs:
In February we need to pay 170 EUR for forum maintenance, and 40 EUR for licence renewal.
Or in pther words, 170 EUR each 3 months, and 40 EUR yearly.

That means 60 EUR monthly, to keep The Good Vibe Zone going.

We are now 11 supporting members:
@PaulS , @eyvindwa , @kimgee , @Hoggles , @Toepfer , @verb , @DemBoneZ , @RIP , @boston asphalt2 , @cygma , and myself.

Together we are raising 47.17 EUR monthly (after Paypal fee), so we almost there!

There are 3 levels of "Supporting Members" - SIlver, Gold and Platinum - 3 EUR, 5 EUR and 9 EUR
However, if you don't think otherwise, we all get the same badges, because we live in different countries, have our own difficulties home, and we all do what we can, the support is equally appreciated.

I want to thank you all for keeping this place going!!!
Special thanks must go to:
@aguacollas , @Hardy , @kimgee , @schlobodan , @Toepfer , @zomnius , @cygma , @dan_horro , @SynapticGroove , @Hoggles , @PaulS , @DiMarco , @verb

They donated larger amounts of cash, so they are our "Good Vibe Sponsors", they helped us raise again when we were down!
Also a few others that donated a few bucks one or two times, their help is very apreciated. I mean we are 4000+ members here, donating a cup of coffee now and then can be a big deal for us!

Dazed

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
My pleasure Flo. This place needs to stick around and stay available for the future.
It is a mine of valuable Warwick info. Thanks to you and all the others that have kept it alive! A lot of hard work has gone into getting the forum to where it is now.
The regulars are good people. I like it here. The train wreck of my recent life has lead me down a horrible dark path into my own personal hell and I've not been here much over the last year or so.

Sorry I'm so late to the party, I honestly was unaware of the financial situation.
On the occasions I have been on I somehow managed to miss it all completely. Too much time spent adding to the Heads Up thread!!
I haven't played a bass in almost a year yet I still look at buying them!! Hopefully the interest will return to play at some point and my hands will remember some of what they once knew.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT!! I went to the upgrade page last Monday morning and supposedly my PayPal made an initial then recurring payments! I'll look into it and/or try again.

Reaction score
Ok, I just checked and PayPal did not complete the transaction for some reason-- I'm going to try again.

Reaction score
Ok- done! I hung around this time to make sure the payment was registered.

Reactions: RIP

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thanks brother!
The situation today is like this:
We are 12 Recurring members, raising 52,27 EUR monthly of the 60 that we need to survive.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Frank
I get the following message from PayPal when trying to install a Permanent Payment:

You must add a credit card to complete the purchase. Unfortunately, no direct debit is currently possible for this payment.

Since I do not have a credit card:
Is there another way for a recurring payment?

Reactions: RIP

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I am sorry buddy, there is no other way I know... In order to set it as recurring payment, Paypal requires a card, and paypal is the only method we can use with the native Xenforo app.

Thanks for supporting us :)

Jay2U

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I see this place is in need of money to keep going. A sponsor could do the trick. As this site has members from all over the world, a local sponsor wouldn't be interested. So worlwide operating companies would be the ones to address. Here are a few: String manufacturers, UPS, Thomann, some PC/laptop brands.

The questions are, does Bass Arena want to be depending on a sponsor and are members prepared to tolerate advertising.

Reaction score
Not me- it’s bad enough dealing with ads on YouTube and you should see the shameless pop ups on the Photobucket site (even if they are tremolo pedals or any other music related items I’ve searched for).

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Good thought @Jay2U

Just another thought on that idea though

I'd think that you'd probably have to claim it as a business then and start paying taxes on it. At least in the states I'm sure that would be a requirement.....it could turn into a PITA

And honestly, if there was ever a vote on it, I'm with Ecto......I hate all those adds. But ultimately its not my call

Jay2U

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Good thought @Jay2U

Just another thought on that idea though

I'd think that you'd probably have to claim it as a business then and start paying taxes on it. At least in the states I'm sure that would be a requirement.....it could turn into a PITA

And honestly, if there was ever a vote on it, I'm with Ecto......I hate all those adds. But ultimately its not my call
It doesn't have to be a business if the sponsor only pays the annual costs, which are to be billed to them straight from the company/companies who maintain the site. Also, there won't be any taxable profit. If it concerns one sponsor, there will be an ad in a fixed place. Just click basgitaarforum.nl - Forumoverzicht and you'll see what I mean.

Reaction score
I should use PayPal?
I also don't have a credit card or a Cheque book but my Wife does!

Top Bottom