FNA Jazzman VS FNA Jazzman LTD2002

Reaction score
Also, if your E is muddy, check and adjust the pickup height. Those big poles on the open passive MEC can cause that sort of effect and some unpleasant subtones if they're too close to the strings unlike the actives. I've spent a decent amount of time tweaking the spacing and radius on my FNA to get a really clean and clear tone on all five strings. I also owned an 04 Ltd Jazzman and it was not quite as sensitive to such adjustments.

Avi

Reaction score
Also, if your E is muddy, check and adjust the pickup height. Those big poles on the open passive MEC can cause that sort of effect and some unpleasant subtones if they're too close to the strings unlike the actives. I've spent a decent amount of time tweaking the spacing and radius on my FNA to get a really clean and clear tone on all five strings. I also owned an 04 Ltd Jazzman and it was not quite as sensitive to such adjustments.

Avi

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I just bought a FNA JM (2002) and am having similar issues with an almost overdriven preamp sound when I am thumping and popping. The switch is broken off so I'm wondering if there is a correlation or its just the nature of this pickup. I also had to go into the broken switch to switch it so the mm pickup would work. So could be that.??
Anyone have any pickup replacement suggestions if it's the pickups nature?
And btw there is a stark differance in tone between the FNA and a STD corvette. The Corvette sounds much more modern. While The FNA has much fuller bass tone. Have to change the strings on it still. Waiting for the new switch before I do.
Thanks

Top Bottom