Fishman Piezo Bridge Pickup System

Reaction score
Hello one and all,

I have questions for all you people (BIGBASS) who know something about the Fishman Warwick Piezo Bridge PU System...

1. How does it work?
2. What does it sound like compared to a normal PU?
3. Is it reasonable to equip a bass with this system?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
1. Magnets on the bridge at the break angle of where the strings start on the scale.
2. Sounds like an acoustic bass, I'm guessing because a Piezo on a guitar makes acoustic guitar tones from a solid body.
3. I don't own a bass with one, but it's probably worth it if you play music of the acoustic Genre. Possibly like Jazz, for that Double bass Mwah.

Reaction score
I would be also interested in knowing, what plus is brings the piezo near the traditional pick-ups/humbuckers?

Also:

1 - What tone/sound provides, combined with the traditional pick-ups/humbuckers?
2 - It helps in getting a longer sustain?

THX!

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The Piezo bridge costs 405 € (5-String, Warwick Custom Shop ). I tried to find out what kind of electronics you get when you order a Piezo bridge through the warwick custom shop. Apparently there's a really nifty Poti from Fishman that lets you mix the normal magnetic PU with the Piezo Bridge. I wonder if this is standard through the Warwick Custom shop. Anybody know?

Top Bottom