First Recording

Reaction score
Putting the final touches on the first recording I've done with my new Warwick (actually first recording I've done on bass in 15 years) and I'm absolutely gobsmacked how adjustable the tone is with some minor EQ adjustments in mixdown.

I recorded everything completely flat and clean from the head into a USB interface. Then added a little colour with a cabinet emulator, valve overdrive, EQ and some soft knee compression (in that order of vsts) and I found with the EQ I could go from warm to br br deng type sounds with such minimal effort.

I could not be happier with the bass I have purchased, worth every damn cent.

20210429_200929.jpg

Hardy

Supporting Member
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
And now we want to hear it!

Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
And now we want to hear it!

Gimme a bit to get the mix right. I'm one of those OCD people when it comes to a mix. Also, will need you to keep in mind that I'm not happy with the vocals that were originally tracked. The engineer was a joke. Pathetic tracking of vox and acoustic. Let mistakes go through for for final takes.

What I've had to do with this mix and additions via midi and vsts is above and beyond what a "producer" should have to do.

If it were me doing the tracking I would've called stop and "nup, that was wrong, do it again"

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Gimme a bit to get the mix right. I'm one of those OCD people when it comes to a mix. Also, will need you to keep in mind that I'm not happy with the vocals that were originally tracked. The engineer was a joke. Pathetic tracking of vox and acoustic. Let mistakes go through for for final takes.

What I've had to do with this mix and additions via midi and vsts is above and beyond what a "producer" should have to do.

If it were me doing the tracking I would've called stop and "nup, that was wrong, do it again"
Axl Rose spent 15 years recording and mixing Chinese Democracy, take your time. ;)

Top Bottom