first gig for 17years

Reaction score
so, saturday is the wedding of one of my best friends, who was also the guitarist in the band we formed after leaving education. he decided that inbetween the set by the band he has hired to play, he wanted to do a few acoustic songs. we both had gotten back into playing last year, so he asked me to help him and accompany him on bass, to go with his acoustic guitar and singing.
we now have a solid 45 mins set of approx 12 songs.
i'm massively excited and nervous about this, as i havent been on stage or played live for at least 16years.
This will be the first time i have played the warwick in a gig condition.
i have instructed my wife to take photos as i want to preserve this moment.

Curtis

Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)
Reaction score
Wow, very cool! Good luck, you can do it! And please post those pics. A historic moment!

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
16 years?? Wow...

I stayed like a year without playing around 2007-2008 and got a depression that almost killed me.

Enjoy your gig.

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
That'z kewl Beany, wish U lotz of fun and please share da picz man ... 8:

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Congrats beanie, take pictures for us :) Let us know how it feels like, after 16 years...

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
Make sure your balls fall out of your trousers at some point during the show!

Reaction score
im somewhat amazed this has prompted such a +ve response. thanks all.
there will certainly be pictures, and i'm very very excited.
the fact its in front of friends and people that want us to do well and also to have a good time is a help.
the set list is.......
crazy little thing called love - queen, good riddance (time of your life) - greenday, desire - u2, half the world away - oasis, wish you were here - pink floyd, stand by me - ben e king, valerie - the zutons, beneath you'e beautiful - labrinth, all i want is you - u2, all you need is love - the beatles. the encore (if we're lucky) is everybody needs somebody - the blues brothers.

its the first time i will have gigged the warwick fna jazzman, and i cant wait to put her out there. i hope i do her justice.

Curtis

Reaction score
Almost all songs with nice bass lines. Enjoy!

verb

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Enjoy the gig,looking forward to the pics \m/ 8:

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
im somewhat amazed this has prompted such a +ve response. thanks all.
there will certainly be pictures, and i'm very very excited.

Now I'm interested too! I think you should risk some video-recordings. That is not only to save some nice memories, but also it helps to see what can be done in another way the next time. Some interested forum-members more and you have to install a live-stream! ;-)

P.S.: it took 33 years for my first live-gig. To watch the vids is always a big fun to me. We were playing like schoolmusic-rookies, but at that evening we decided, that we will stay together as a band. Now we every year at least 2 gigs and have 7 own titles, more to come!

So I wish you the very best! Give them some Rock 'n Roll!

Reaction score
Hi Beany,
Almost exactly what I did. I gave 15 years break to playing and 16 to gigging. My first gig after that was a friend's party.
It feels like coming home.
Enjoy it.

Reaction score
morning all, the gig was a massive success, we ended up playing for about 50mins, all the songs were recieved very well, with lots of the audience singing along and dancing! the band that were paid to play were all very complimentary and thats nice, but playing with my best mate (the groom) really made my day, even my wife (who sings with the CBSO chorus) come on stage to perform a rendition of valerie (zutons/winehouse) which was amazing. i had an absolute blast made a few bum notes, but all in all it was about as perfect as i could have hoped for, there were masses of photos taken by the audience and even the wedding photographer so i will post some when i get some sent to me.
The FNA jazzman was incredible, felt perfect and sounded great (and compared to the bass player in the paid band, was a real show stealer) the ampeg performed superbly and brought out the growl of the warwick. as you can tell i am completely stoked and have told my guitarist that this should just be the reawakening! long may it continue.
Thank you for all of the kind words, i can only think that all of the good wishes that you have sent me must have worked.

Reaction score
152.jpg 154.jpg

the first pictures i have been sent, indoor quality not great, and no i dont seem to smile whilst playing.......although inside having an awesome time.

Curtis

Reaction score
Very cool and very cool pics!

Top Bottom