Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Fender Rumble 60

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by nizzrooster, Jan 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nizzrooster

nizzrooster

I was recently in the market for a somewhat small combo to use for practices and recording and I stumbled upon this lowly little $200 Fender Rumble 60 combo and plugged into it. Golly was I blown away! I thought all new Fender amps were garbage but this one really changed my mind. I have never really been a big fan of a single 12" speaker but this one really pounds and running at only 60 watts I can easily compete with my guitarist, drummer, singer and sax player.

If anyone needs a combo that ain't too big and ain't too small but still brings it with the low end I highly recommend this very in-expensive Fender Rumble 60 bass combo.

2. The Kool-Aid Kid

The Kool-Aid Kid

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I've played most Fender amps and while the Bassman series is pretty decent and the PRO series is superb, every Rumble I've plugged into has been a cheap imitation of the real thing. I had a smaller Rumble for two days before I took it back to the store, on 3 volume that whole thing would vibrate and shake and it sounded horrible.

I agree that they're built well, the carpet coverings and steel grill can stand up to a lot.

They built them durable so you could get mad at them for being horrid, throw them out of a moving truck, and the next person to pass could pick up a working, if crappy, amp off the highway.

I traded that thing in on an Acoustic B20 and what it was lacking in volume it made up in tone quality. Plus that amp couldn't have been over 20lbs. For about the price you're talking for that Rumble, you can get the B100 and that comes with a 15".

If you want a quality lightweight Fender practice amp, drop the extra money on the B-DEC 30. It's not loud, but the things that amp can do not even Line6 can come close to.

3. Eberbachl

Eberbachl

Plug the Rumble 60 in next to a Warwick Blue Cab 60.1 and be prepared to be blown away again.

:D

4. The Kool-Aid Kid

The Kool-Aid Kid

There's nowhere to get Warwick amps around here so I haven't been able to try any

5. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

I love the B-Dec.I'm amazed it took someone as conservative as Fender to do it.While I love the features & gadgets I really wish they had've put more effort into the amp's tonal abilities.I mean,the whole idea of the B-Dec was to buy one device to practice & have fun with,rather than to take on stage.But take a Fender P-bass & plug in straight into the B-Dec & the tone leaves alot to be desired.Replace the P-bass with an SS2 & ebs Microbass & there's a definate improvement.
    I still wanna buy one though.

6. The Kool-Aid Kid

The Kool-Aid Kid

Yeah, they made a great amp platform then just kind of stuck a crap 10" on it. The tone is not great.

The G-DEC is fantastic though.

7. Ian

Ian The Undecided Frog

My Rumble 100 is a piece of crap, sound-wise... So blurry, so undefined in the lows. Takes all the life out of the bass.

I'm gonna sell it and get a Roland Cube 30 to practice at home.

8. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe

Well...

That's not a fair comparison.

The Rumble 60 is 60 watts but according to the user manual the BC 60.1 is 150 watts.

Is this true?

:D

Joe.

EDIT:Clarification.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009