Everything's gonna sound different (TC RH450)

Reaction score
Well, My new baby has arrived.
Had little time to play with it, but have already found some useful sounds. Let's see what comes up...
Couldn't buy the cabinets, shipping WAY TO EXPENSIVE, so I ordered a Warwick 115 pro that should arrive in one week.
The MRS. is not very happy, because the whole point was to take less space with the whole amp cab thing, but she agreed that the TC cabinets were out of question.
Too bad my old Ampeg friend will leave me, but, from what I felt today, I won't miss it.
(There is an apostrophe missing on the post title, but I couldn't find out how to correct it, new forum, old poster...).

Attachments

• RH450A.JPG
    RH450A.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 303
  • RH450B.JPG
    RH450B.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 294
Last edited by a moderator:

Curtis

Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)
Reaction score
I tried all three TC heads and I like them. I like the Classic one best, because I love simple amps, but of course the RH can do more. It's a very good amp, but the tube simulator works best at high volumes.

Last couple of years I tried some small MarkBass, Ashdown and Eden heads and the TC is one of the best sounding solid state amps. Only the Hellborg is better, but that's a different league/size/price/...

As back up amp I bought the Ashdown Little Giant 350 because of it's honest sound and low price. Nice as back up for my Hiwatt and very usable for smaller gigs.

Reaction score
yeah, the Hellborg is really something, but right now it is completely out of my league (price and size).
Thanks Matthijs for the help with the post title!

da-vonk

Warwick Enthusiast forevah
Reaction score
Congratulationz on your new amp Drews...8:

Curtis

Reaction score
Sorry for mentioning the Hellborg. But besides that I think the TC is one of the best amps around.

For ya guitar players out there: Check the new TC tuner. It can recognize tunings of all strings, while strumming!!

Reaction score
Sorry for mentioning the Hellborg. But besides that I think the TC is one of the best amps around.

Nothing to be sorry about. If I were still playing professionally I would probably go for one!
I'm really enthusiastic about the TC. Right now I'm stuck with so many resources. The semi-parametric eq will be a pain: choosing the right frequencies is not at all easy.

Reaction score
Congratulations, the RH450, really interested me, mainly due to the parametric EQ ( i know what frequencies i like) when you find them you can get an amp that is completely spec'd to you!

Reaction score
The RH450 is truly a GREAT GREAT amp. I really loved when I tried it a couple months ago.

Reaction score
Well, today I got together with a friend and my kid to jam a little. First time I jammed in 4 years! Man, that was good! first because my kid really held the drums good, made daddy proud. Second because it reminded me that playing live is as good as recording. Third because I can still bang my head, sing and hold down the groove. Fourth because I plugged the RH450 in a cabinet for the first time, since my WCA 115 haven't arrived yet. Good that this friend of mine has a Warwick stack, so I could feel what awaits for me in the near future.
I was messing with the frequencies on the semi-parametric EQ and I think I found the ones that suit me. Too bad I can put them in terms of kHz, but to my ear, good enough. once plugged on the stack it was just cut a little bass on the Thumb and it was perfect. Just perfect. I think I can live with this little fella for a long time. Have to prepare a clip for you guys!

Curtis

Reaction score
Cool! Again congratulations!

da-vonk

Reaction score
Inspired by this thread I've been reading some reviews about this amp and I also saw da vidz on da (official) web site... I must say that I was really impressed, I mean, if a bass hero like Francis Rocco Prestia sets his sign on a particular amp, then who am I to question it's quality...? ;)

But I keep on wondering how these (small) amps and cabs 'feel' on stage....ya know, I'm an old-fashioned rocker,
and I was raised with da golden rule "Da bigger, da louder, da better, da kewler"... I remember a Hughes and Kettner combo I once used in a former band; da thing bounced itself of da stage at higher volumes...Besides that, and I know this may sound a bit childish to some of ya, imho "a wall of amps (and cabs) on da stage" is an 'important' part of da show...I'm afraid that I might feel completely 'lost' with a small amp (and cabs) like that behind me ...
Another question that I have is about it's stability...on da vidz I saw ya can mount da cabs sideways...but I can't get rid of da idea that on wobbly stage these stacks will fall over much easier than my old Ampegs... :confused:

Reaction score
The stability also worries me, and all guys saying that they're stable is not enough.
As for the wall of cabs being part of the show, we can do as Geddy Lee: since he started to go direct, he fills his side of the stage with laundry machines, doing the washing as he plays the gig!
I won't be able to say how it will be, because I didn't buy the cabs, just the head, and will use it with a Warwick 115 (and soon with a 211 too).
My gigs with Chakal were always refrigerated by the WIND coming from the huge cabs (as huge as the venue allowed).
By the way, playing this thing through headphones is like torture. My cab was supposed to arrive yesterday, but, because of Carnaval, the whole country stops 'till thursday. I hope this is the last delay...

Last edited by a moderator:

da-vonk

Reaction score
Keep us informed Drews ....8:

Reaction score
cool that you found a amp you like I just replaced the cooling fan in trace elliot head so i'm happy that i can use it.i have a couple of different amps and the trace is my favorite at the moment. i have to get to a music store and try out the amp you have i have only read about itand it souds like a real nice amp.

Curtis

Reaction score
Nice! The tube thing of the TC on full power is killing, so enjiy when the cabs arrive!

Reaction score
Rig complete

Well, The WCA115 now has a hartke 210XL as a companion. I went to the store and tested some 210, and the Hartke put out the best result (to my ears). I've got an unbelievable bargain on one from a friend from a brazilian bass forum. The Missus got it for me, she said she owed me a gift (can't love her enough)...
never liked aluminum speakers, but I think they balanced well with the WCA115. Still working on the sound, but already very close to what I want!

Attachments

• rig.JPG
    rig.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 261

da-vonk

Reaction score
Looks awesome Drews, bet this rig is gonna sound great man...8:

lasteffect

Forum Nudist
Reaction score
I bet you have 3 types of tonal pleasures saved in that thing's memory banks for Thumby goodness.

Reaction score
I just got my TC Electronic Staccato'51 and amp give you some serious punch. I have a Accugroove El Whapoo cab and it just rocks the house. I try it with my frineds 411 pro and that cab just sounds amazing, that I am still thinking about getting one. The punch is massive that it actualy feels like some is hitting you.

Reaction score
These Warwick cabs are really good. I use a 411 in a friend's house, and it just rocks! My 115 is also very good.

Top Bottom