Dunlop Inset Strap Lock Failurr

Reaction score
Hey all! Feel free to point me to the correct thread if this is redundant, but my searches of the forum didnt come up with much regarding dunlop strap lock failure. Anyway, I have a corvette FNA, going on 6 months or so. I found out fairly quickly that the dunlop strap locks on it liked to pop off at the horn (bridge side is fine, but there is much more stress at the horn). I have ordered a new set from warwick, but I was curious if this was a common problem, and what tips anyone may have to prevent it. I'm really hoping the new ones solve the issue, but im nervous is wont, and I dont want to have to sit once my band and I start playing shows again some day. Lucklily the few times its popped I have caught it, but im afraid it's just a matter of time before I miss!

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
yes
I wonder if you talk about the original Dunlop system (early 90ies Warwick) or the actual Warwick system?:):cool:
Fotos would be helpful.

Hector

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooph... I have never had this with my Framus, but mine dates from 2008.. Granted, I don't gig professionally, nor do I throw the guitar around a lot.

Personally, on my other guitars, I find the Grolsch system works quite well (essentially plastic/rubber washers from flip-top beer bottles), but that's on a guitar, not a bass...

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all! Feel free to point me to the correct thread if this is redundant, but my searches of the forum didnt come up with much regarding dunlop strap lock failure. Anyway, I have a corvette FNA, going on 6 months or so. I found out fairly quickly that the dunlop strap locks on it liked to pop off at the horn (bridge side is fine, but there is much more stress at the horn). I have ordered a new set from warwick, but I was curious if this was a common problem, and what tips anyone may have to prevent it. I'm really hoping the new ones solve the issue, but im nervous is wont, and I dont want to have to sit once my band and I start playing shows again some day. Lucklily the few times its popped I have caught it, but im afraid it's just a matter of time before I miss!
Eventually Dunlop security locks will fail, especially on the neck side. Having at least one spare, and checking how it holds from time to time it is a good idea :)
Sometimes the 4 little balls get stuck, and WD40 solves the problem. Other times the lock is just worn and need to be replaced. I would not consider it an issue, just a part that need to be replaced from time to time :)

Top Bottom