Darkglass B7K Official Demo

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
Greetings boys n gals!
I had the great honor to make an official product demo for Darkglass Microtubes B7K Analog Preamp @ their youtube channel!
So here is the video featuring my Dolphin SN-TCS !
Hope you enjoy it!
[video=youtube;eqJNTbJndZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqJNTbJndZ8[/video]

For more info visit:

http://www.darkglass.com/products/microtubes-b7k/

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Great! Or better: faaaaaaat!!!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Really cool Chris! Great demo and really nice you got the gig doing an official demo for one of the best sounding OD pedals on earth.

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Awesome playing Chris, and killer sound. That video enough can make a poor bastard like me to buy that pedal!

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
Glad you like it guys :D
It's really encouraging getting positive feedback

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Rock on, father CK, glad to see your talent is getting the attention it deserves.

8:

Reaction score
Real Name
Anton
nice review!
I have "previous" b7k where attcak switch have only 2 positions: off and boost. What's the difference in boost1 and boost2 ?
also I see that EQ knobs are in different positions than on my example

P.S. very cool sounding pedal/preamp! it's exactly what I was looking for long time

Reaction score
HAha, I've got exactly the same questions as ROOT, same here, attach button has only 2 sets(on/off).
Also the the EQ from left to right is different, our version has Bass/Treble/LoMids/HighMids

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
Hey Anton & Niels!
The one I got is one of the latest produced so I guess they have made some tweaks-changes in the production. Well the boost 1 (top) offers less brightness than the boost 2 (bottom). About the EQ, makes kinda more sense to have the frequencies in the order of low -> high. Even the knobs are smaller than the previous versions.

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
I got some info on the pedal..
The older models had boost 2 and off switch!
So they added a less aggressive brightness boost in the attack section(boost 1)!

Reaction score
Nice!! Would have been nicer if the clean and and distortion settings had all been level matched so we can just hear the tonal differences vs level differences but we all get the idea. These pedals rock! I love my B3K..

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
Well yeah, just whenever I was making the same levels as the dry signal I didn't like the result so much since I wanted the certain amount of blend and sound! In addition it was through DI and the signal is really pumped in this pedal ;)
But probably should be better

Kev

Reaction score
Great demo :)

I have this version of the B7K, and that extra option on the attack switch was exactly what I wanted, as I found the old attack setting too bright :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the demo!! I am lookink for an overdrive pedal and I think it'll have to be B3K...
Anyway, could you tell us the kind of strings you used in this video? I really dig the dry sound of you bass...

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
Hey! It's D'addario EXL Nickel

Reaction score
Wow, that's an awesome demo, ChrisK!

I'm curious what a fretless bass would sound like through this pedal. Sadly, I haven't found a demo of the B7K with a FL bass yet. At this moment I don't have any overdrive or distortion for my FL bass. It sounds great already, but I'm thinking of adding some dirt to the sound. That could be very useful, since I play in a death metal project with some friends. The 6str. FL bass I have is also the only decent bass I own right now. Since I would also like some more attack in my sound, now and then, I was thinking of using a B7K for that purpose as well. At this moment I would only use it in a studio recording setup. Do you think this would work?

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your feedback man!
Well in general, most people use a fretless bass for the original sound it produces. If you were thinking on purchasing an overdrive I would recommend the Darkglass products without any hesitation ! Also if you want, I can record some clips with a fretless bass engaging the pedal in certain settings!

Reaction score
You're welcome. Most of the time I prefer the clean sound of my FL bass as well. However, in my death metal project, I sometimes need a different sound. With a bit of drive/distortion, I hope to get a bass sound with more characteristics of a fretted bass. As mentioned before, I'm looking for more dirt in my sound as well as some attack or 'clank.' Some clips with FL bass and different settings would be awesome, thanks in advance! :)

ChrisK

Forum WatchDog
Reaction score
I will record something tomorrow morning ;)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
You're welcome. Most of the time I prefer the clean sound of my FL bass as well. However, in my death metal project, I sometimes need a different sound. With a bit of drive/distortion, I hope to get a bass sound with more characteristics of a fretted bass. As mentioned before, I'm looking for more dirt in my sound as well as some attack or 'clank.' Some clips with FL bass and different settings would be awesome, thanks in advance! :)
It depends on the bass too. A thumb BO will have that "fretless close to fretted" sound :)

Top Bottom