Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Custom Shop Question...

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Myrk, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Warwick/Framus Australia

Warwick/Framus Australia

A Few things to consider here. Compare Apples with apples. What does this mean ? Compare UK retail with AUS retail and UK discount with AUS Discount. Second, you will be paying 10% GST on arrival of this bass into AUS. Third. NO warranty will apply. You will need to ship the bass to the UK.

Thanks.

2. Myrk

Myrk

I can get a Warwick Corvette 5-String (active/active) with Natural Oil finish for 830 pounds (if I order from a U.K store).

So: 830 + 83 (10% GST) + 120 (shipping charge) + 42 (5% import tax) = 1075 UK pounds

Convert that to Australian dollars and the TOTAL cost of the bass = $1935AU

All Aussie dealers like to tell me "no warranty" but I'll take the risk. To date, you guys have never given me convincing argument why I should shop in Australia and pay an extra $500AU...

I buy most of my stuff from overseas because this country is a ripoff. This includes electric guitars, snowboard gear, CDs etc.

But I could be wrong when it comes to Custom Shop bass gear, so I'll wait for a quote form the shop I emailed...I might be pleasantly surprised.

3. Warwick/Framus Australia

Warwick/Framus Australia

First of all you have calculated GST wrong. Its a goods and service tax and paid on final value. So bass, shipping, duty converted to aus and that’s what you pay GST on. Its an australian tax so its not paid on the UK pound amount.

4. Myrk

Myrk

Ahhh I see, you've got a point there. It'll probably even out to be roughly the same.

I just emailed an Aussie dealer though, and they told me the discount for a CS instrument is only somewhere around 15-20%...