Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Custom Shop and Streamer LTD '08 ?'s

Discussion in 'Warwick - Custom Shop' started by Billygoat, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Billygoat

Billygoat

For anyone that has played this year's LTD, can you please let me know what the tone was like? I'm curious if the low end is tight and defined or more boomy. Based on what I've seen and played, I tend to associate swamp ash with a more boomy, less focused low end. Is that not a fair assessment?

The electronics package in this year's LTD looks like my absolute dream come true but that eagle inlay pretty much talks me out of this bass. Sorry to any who dig it but I find having an eagle on your bass pretty cheesy. Just my opinion of course...

I assume you can order this pickups/electronics package on any bass through the custom shop right? How many up-charges would that be? Do you pay for each switch that you add? (which would be very expensive in this case) Or could you just specify "08 LTD Electronics layout" and pay one reasonable up-charge. I read through the custom shop order form and don't understand it the best.

I also have a question about the necks. I have a 99 FNA Jazzman with one of the best bass necks I've ever played. I've recently played a number of new Warwicks in the store and the necks are considerably bigger these days. Would the "Flat Neck" option in the Custom Shop be the same neck that my 99 has? It's a pretty thin and fast neck compared to the new ones.

Thanks

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hey Billy,

If you want the same electronics, you need to pay for the pickups, also special routing, and for every switch...

Warwick Necks in 99 were kind of D shaped anyway, maybe a little thinner, but most of the time is just a feeling than a reality. So... Flat neck will be thinner than your 99'er.

3. Michael J

Michael J

Just a feeling? Or more than a feeling?

*starts singing*

4. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

The 2008 Streamer LX LTD will be available from the end of July 08. :wink:

5. Florin

Michael, I've had a '99 Streamer LX, and I felt the neck to be actually bulkier than my 2007 SSII... Really! Sometimes an older used neck seems to be thinner, but it's not...
    I've had a 92 thumb NT, and that was thinner indeed, but not much thinner, and it had almost the same shape as today.
    So... the flat neck should be thinner than that one too. It's C shaped.

But I feel sooo comfortable with my fat neck. My ex Stingray5 had a very slim neck, and the tuning was changing when I was changing my position. It looks like a Rock and ROll bass, but you really must stand still to be in tune.

6. Michael J

Michael J

I love the neck on my Proline... shes an '02. My roomate has a brand new Vette Std. and its neck felt bulkier...

7. ThirdthumB

ThirdthumB

I'm not much of a fan of "those" inlays as well..............I just love my Thumbs "no inlay at all" policy: you can't get it more simple and cheaper !! :D

8. odominguez

odominguez Guest

The electronics on the '08 LTD at this time are exclusive to this model. We will offer them in 2009 as a Custom Shop option.

9. Florin

I confirm this info.
    This year, the electronics from the LTD 2008 will stay exclusive to this model.

10. ThirdthumB

ThirdthumB

How about the wooden pickup covers ?? Will they be available this year as a CS option ??

11. Lewis

Lewis

what are the electronics in this bass anyway????

12. Dimorph

Dimorph

if you're going to offer this constellation in '09, will there be extra charges for all the switches still?

13. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

The switches will be included in the price,without them,the eq is useless. :wink:

14. odominguez

odominguez Guest

The electronics on the LTD '80 offer a double twin jazz pickup setup, with switches to change each to series, parallel and single coil, making it possible to turn on or off all 4 pickups (each twin jazz has two jazz inside) or any combination at a time. It also provides the user with a convenient toggles switch to go between each pickup. When this switch is in the middle section, it allows for you to use the pickup blend knob. But this configuration makes it incredibly simple to get the sound you are looking for in no time which is good for live situations.

15. Lewis

Lewis

so many options at ones hand.

16. anghel

anghel

@odominguez

i don't understand what you mean with series/parallel/single coil .. they will function like the $$ humbuckers (a default single coil selection, only right or left)? or in this case one switch works in 4 positions: left coil/series/parallel/right coil?

or the big switch makes the coil selection: one selection at a time for both TJ's and the little one the series/parallel separatley?

i asked for my CS the same coil selector for the TJ .. what mode is when both coils are selected? parallel or series? or is a 3 pickup like ON/OFF switch in my case? mine will be left coil/both(?)/right coil + the neck J.

@Gregory

by the way .. i asked allready that question on the forum .. but i will ask you too :D .. what chance is to purchase a passive TJ/J MEC set in the future? or a new dual in line passive TJ/J MEC set .. :lol: i understand that now they aren't available (the passive TJ pickups) why?

17. Florin

No, this is wrong! The mini-toggle switches are here only for coil selection of the Twin Jazz pickup. It gives that:
    Up = neck coil
    middle = both coil
    down = bridge coil

Imagine this 2 times on the same instrument(2x TJ) and you will guess all the possibilities this unbelievable bass is able to give you...

By the way, I refresh the memory of those who forgot this: the TJ is not an humbucker but two single Jazz pickups ideally spaced under the same cover. And believe, me this new switching is very efficient...

18. anghel

anghel

thanks Gregory, now that is the way i knew the new selector .. not like the $$ humbuckers ... :)

19. Florin

Thanks for this question. You can forget the idea to purchase a passive TJ/J set in the future, because the TJ are not made anymore in passive version. Mr Hansal (owner and general manager from the MEC company) decided to stop their production because the result/performance was not good enough to keep them on the MEC range...

20. anghel

anghel

that's sad for me .. but maybe you will make someday a new version of it .. who knows ..