Custom dolphin question

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
I was looking through the custom shop price list and I noticed that it says you cant get MEC 3 band active electronics on a Dolphin Pro 1. My custom idea was to get a 6 string dolphin with the same electronics and pickup configuration as the Thumb 6 string. So why cant I get that set up on a Dolphin?

O

odominguez

thndrstk6 said:
I was looking through the custom shop price list and I noticed that it says you cant get MEC 3 band active electronics on a Dolphin Pro 1. My custom idea was to get a 6 string dolphin with the same electronics and pickup configuration as the Thumb 6 string. So why cant I get that set up on a Dolphin?

There should be no problem with putting 3-way electronics on a Dolphin. This may be a typo in the price list. Contact Gregory Pasquet about this to confirm my answer though.

[email protected]

Florin

OG
Reaction score
There should be no problem with putting 3-way electronics on a Dolphin. This may be a typo in the price list. Contact Gregory Pasquet about this to confirm my answer though.

I think this would be also interesting for other people to know that, that´s why I answer here. The dolphin can only have a 2 band electronics because of a very simple reason, the layout we use (2 stacked pots). The electronics from MEC is especially developped for this model, and we have no 3 band electronics available with a 2 pots configuration, whatever the brand (MEC, Bartolini, Basslines).

Reaction score
i see, so the 2 EQ config from the dolphin is actually different from the 2 band EQ config of, say, a vampyre SN?

Reaction score
why is it not possible to select a specific EQ (2, 3 band) on a CS?

let us say the buyer didn't want the push/pull TJ coil feature, making the dolphin electronics irrelevant. there is no way to install a third hole in the body for the thumb EQ to be paired to the TJ/J pickups?

Reaction score
Play a Dolphin. You don't need anything more than a 2 band. Give you anything from bowel moving lows to Strat highs, with anything in between. What more could you want?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
naetog said:
why is it not possible to select a specific EQ (2, 3 band) on a CS?

let us say the buyer didn't want the push/pull TJ coil feature, making the dolphin electronics irrelevant. there is no way to install a third hole in the body for the thumb EQ to be paired to the TJ/J pickups?

We anticipated this question, and Gregory will be back soon with the answer, as usual :)

thndrstk6

Mockup Artist
Reaction score
In the old Warwick catalog I remember a guy with a double neck dolphin. If I remember correctly the body wood was different and the pickups were different too. So?

Florin

OG
Reaction score
So please be careful. On a Dolphin Pro I, the only condition for having another electronics is to take the following options: additionnal pot, other pot placement (layout), the price of the electronics which should be 3 knobs version (there is definitely note enough place for the 4th pot!), and other wiring...

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Thanks Greg for the answer. So it means it can be done, but with a price that it's not at all justified, since you can make those adjustments better on your Bass Amp.

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Florin said:
Thanks Greg for the answer. So it means it can be done, but with a price that it's not at all justified, since you can make those adjustments better on your Bass Amp.

Well, with that in mind, any adjustment in the bass is superfluous, since tone can be better shaped with the amp...

Which brings to mind the Hellbord-signature bass concept where the only control on the bass is volume...

Reaction score
JanVanHove said:
Well, with that in mind, any adjustment in the bass is superfluous, since tone can be better shaped with the amp...

Which brings to mind the Hellbord-signature bass concept where the only control on the bass is volume...

Well....................with Jonas behind the bass................that's the only thing required. :twisted:

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
JanVanHove said:

Well....................with Jonas behind the bass................that's the only thing required. :twisted:

Yes, and with me behind the bass the only thing required is a bypass switch that feeds a pre-recording of someone else playing into the amp...

Only way to get me to sound anywhere close to not completely crappy...

Reaction score
JanVanHove said:
Yes, and with me behind the bass the only thing required is a bypass switch that feeds a pre-recording of someone else playing into the amp...

Hehe,

maybe Warwick should make its own "Guitar Hero"................with the sound of wood................I'd buy that. :lol:

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
ThirdthumB said:
JanVanHove said:

Hehe,

maybe Warwick should make its own "Guitar Hero"................with the sound of wood................I'd buy that. :lol:

Considering that my Guitar Hero axe gets more playing time than my basses, I'd buy it too... :p

(Oh, and that's combined playing time, my wife plays Guitar hero quite a bit! )

Reaction score
JanVanHove said:
Considering that my Guitar Hero axe gets more playing time than my basses, I'd buy it too... :p

(Oh, and that's combined playing time, my wife plays Guitar hero quite a bit! )

Haha,

I don't have it, but I played it only once with friends. The song was Guns 'n' Roses, with the song "Sweet child of mine". The level was easy, and I scored 93. Hehe, they were impressed..........I was a proud little bugger. :lol:

Reaction score
Maybe it's only my crappy onboard EQ, but I prefer the tone I get from shaping it only with the bass electronics.

Top Bottom