Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Custom 6 String Dolphin Guitar???

Discussion in 'Warwick - Custom Shop' started by motaudio, Apr 29, 2020.

1. motaudio

motaudio

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 6.14.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 6.15.03 PM.png
    Hi Guys, Have come across what looks to me to be a prototype or a custom shop Warwick guitar. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

2. Stainless

Stainless

former birthplace of Warwick: Franconia, Germany
    I don't believe this is a Warwick/Framus Guitar.
    Looks like somebody got inspired from the dolphin model and made a guitar out of it.

3. motaudio

motaudio

Thanks for the input. I was quite confused by the logo . Everything is certainly high spec and a very close replica of the dolphin shape. I did wonder if it was a demo or prototype though

4. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

Warwick and Framus belong to the same group "Warwick GmbH & Co. Music Equipment KG ".

If it were a guitar (not a bass) produced by the company, it would more than likely have a Framus logo on it, not Warwick.

However, there have been some Framus basses, but those tend to be a lot older...

5. motaudio

motaudio

Thanks Hector. Yer I was surprised to see what looked like a Warwick guitar. The more pictures i get the more factory it looks though. Even down to a Made In Korea sticker. Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.46.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.46.29 PM.png

Hector likes this.
  6. Hector

Hector Moderator Staff Member

The multiple pieces of wood that make up the headstock... Framus / Warwick don't make them like that!

Maybe someone at the factory in Korea where they used to make some models did a custom one-off for themselves, but I've never seen that before.

Stainless and motaudio like this.