Covid Help Topic

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess we will have at least a tough year ahead, some of us will be OK, some of us will lose the jobs or worse.

If any of you, old bass bros is in real trouble, please shout here, so we can act like a real community and help each other. Nobody is alone here.

Stay safe!
Flo

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I needed to let this flow out of my head, so here it comes!

I lost my musician´s job and almost had no income since May due to the pandemic. I'm surviving doing day jobs like loading and unloading trucks and crappy stuff like that, and since I'm not married, I don't have children, and I'm under 50, I can't apply for almost any help, so life's been VERY tough lately. This situation is new to me and very different from any crappy time I've been through in the past.

I' ve sold almost everything except my basses and musical gear because I WILL BE BACK at playing music ASAP, and I know that if I sell everything it will be kinda impossible to me to get a decent gear back any time soon.

My brother, who lives in Florida (USA), has been sending me money to cover basic stuff and my lovely girlfriend, and partner in crime, has been helping keeping me sane.

This forum has been an anchor for me, too, a safe place, so to speak. So thank you guys for that.

Please be safe, take care of yourselves and your loved ones, this year has taught me that life is so frakin' fragil and it could change so fast that we aren't really prepared for the worst.

We'll be out of this crap soon, and I promise I will keep on smiling every time I hit the stage.

See you in the threads. :)

eyvindwa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, @Nachobassman . I consider myself lucky to work in healthcare these days, where at least there is no threat of disappearing jobs.

Pretty rough that you cannot apply for any support, but good to hear that you at least have a few people you can lean on and that can help you pull through. Hope things will improve for you soon buddy!

Hector

Staff member
Reaction score
Oooph.. that's horrible @Nachobassman I sincerely hope you can hang in there, things will change!

Have a great Xmas !

BrusselsBass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Ulrich
Sorry @Nachobassman to hear that. Not nice during this season....
But if you earn your money from music, hold on your gear - you'll need that hopefully very soon.
And good to hear your girlfriend and brother give the support you need.
Keep it up and stay with us here buddy - merry Xmas anyways!!

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hang in there Nacho, the vaccine is here, and while it is going to take some serious time to get it out there, it’s gonna happen. Wishing you the best.

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Hi Nacho, I think after the pandemic our industry will bounce back harder than ever. It should, people need to get out, need music more than ever I guess. Take care, brother!

Top Bottom