Couldn't help myself so I went to the Custom Shop...

Reaction score
I have been searching for a "real" Infinity LTD for a very long time now. There have been people and dealers claiming that they have one for sale but everytime it end up being an ordinary Infinity NT. Well, ordinary and ordinary, this is a truly amazing bass.

Today I went bananas and ordered an Infinity NT fretless 5 with piezo bridge from the custom shop. They promised a delivery in eight weeks and I can promise you some pics and reviews when it's in its new home in Sweden.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
Wow, congratulations mala. That's not just any kind of order, it's pretty special. Although I think 8 weeks sounds a little too good to be true. Did you order it with AAA Flamed Maple or Birdseye Maple? Please post pics once it arrives, I can't wait!

Reaction score
Yeah, eight weeks seems to good to be true but that's what they promised.

I ordered an AAAA (4 A) flamed maple, I have some other birdseye maple and poplar and quilted maple basses but have no flamed maple and in my opinion the Infinity is really beautiful in flamed maple.

This one is gonna be played a lot :p

Reaction score
AAAA Flamed Maple? I didn't even know that existed, I thought AAAA was only availible for Quilted Maple. Just goes to show you that the CS has more cards up it's sleeve than they can possibly portray on the website. I'm really looking forward to seeing this. :D

Reaction score
nice one mala :D

what exactly does the A's mean?

Reaction score
Stroud said:

Its the quality of the grain, nicer and more even pattern (cannot explain in a different way). The more A's, the nicer looks :D

Reaction score
Grattis Mats! :)

Can't wait to see pics and hear clips from it!

Reaction score
Does this mean I should stop looking for a LTD Infinity Mats?There's enough spam around without me making it worse. :p
btw mate,cant wait to see this baby. :D

Reaction score
thumperton said:
Does this mean I should stop looking for a LTD Infinity Mats?There's enough spam around without me making it worse. :p
btw mate,cant wait to see this baby. :D

Thanks Snooze and Greg. Greg - if you find a real one, I am still interested, can probably sell a bass to finance one :wink: And thanks a lot for trying. Cheers / mats

Reaction score
Mats,it's never a problem mate.I'll keep my radar on then. :p

Reaction score
mats that's gonna be a beautiful bass..agree on the flame over birdseye maple preference :wink:

O

odominguez

Stroud said:

We have up to 5A maple... In the case of maple the A's mean how thin the flames are and how even they look...

Reaction score
Ooh! That's my next bass! Although I would also consider one of the new exotic tops.

However, as my wife is giving up her job to have a baby this july, all future plans to buy further basses have been shelved :cry:

Although I am really chuffed about the baby :D

Reaction score
JazzMan, from experience I can tell that kids are more important than basses. The basses will still be there to be bought when the time is right. Good luck / mats

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
mala said:
JazzMan, from experience I can tell that kids are more important than basses. The basses will still be there to be bought when the time is right. Good luck / mats

Says the guy with the whole Warwick LTD collection! :p

But I agree, kids are a lot more important than basses, I just got my bass stolen and I feel a pinch, it sucks, but I just can't imagine what it would be to lose one of my children...

(I know, a little melodramatic, but hey, I'm not yet through my first coffee...)

Reaction score
JanVanHove said:
Says the guy with the whole Warwick LTD collection! :p

But I agree, kids are a lot more important than basses, I just got my bass stolen and I feel a pinch, it sucks, but I just can't imagine what it would be to lose one of my children...

(I know, a little melodramatic, but hey, I'm not yet through my first coffee...)

I remember one late night when I was writing a post here getting somewhat sentimental about what the basses really mean to me. A long time ago I quit my pension plan investing some money in basses instead. They can be used and are pretty to look at and hopefully will increase in value in 25 years or so. However, I play them all but could probably manage with only two (a 4 and a fretless 5) but hopefully one day the kids are taking over. I have four and three of them playing bass. Not bad heh.. :lol:

Reaction score
Sounds amazing, Mads! You have to get over here, so we can do some "bass-fishing" together. Btw, tomorrow I`m visiting one of the best slap-players in Norway, and hopefully get a little inspiration for further progress (feel like I`ve been standing still for 3 yrs now).

Reaction score
Charmand G said:
Sounds amazing, Mads! You have to get over here, so we can do some "bass-fishing" together. Btw, tomorrow I`m visiting one of the best slap-players in Norway, and hopefully get a little inspiration for further progress (feel like I`ve been standing still for 3 yrs now).

Who's the Norwegian slapper? I had a contact with a guy who was interested in endorsement but forgot his name. Cheers / mats

Top Bottom