Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Corvette time! tone questions...

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Thomas, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas

Alright. I'm supposed to be writing an essay for school right now, but everyone knows Warwick Basses are much more important. So i purchased an Active (I think) 06 Bubinga Corvette Std. from Vakmere here on the forums. Hopefully it'll get shipped out tomorrow. I'm playing the waiting game now.

But to the point!

As much as i've read, i've never really gained much knowledge on how the corvette sounds. Everyone, prepare your vocabulary.... Please describe the tone of the bubinga vette std. for me (active or passive doesn't matter to me, i know the difference between the two)! If it helps, i have a RockBass Corvette V. So a comparison between the two would be nice.

Just from the woods, I get that the bubinga won't be as bassy as the alder vette, but will be much more defined and (sadly) much heavier! Obviosuly the bell brass frets will add some brightness and make the treble stand out more.

anything past my aformentioned facts would be amazing. thanks in advance and thank the world for people like Vakmere letting their wonderful basses go for extremely budget prices. I've been playing the warwick game for somewhere around two years, checking the 'Bay at least once a week, checking the offers section everytime i got online. I can finally be a true member of this forum. woo!!!!!!!!

i digress.... (and i wait)

-Thomas

2. Gerry

Gerry

Imho, this bass has the deepest bottom in the fleet plus a meaty but clear and balanced slap tone. No mid knob required. I speak of the active version and it's a room shaker. Black labels are a middy string and it still sounds good. Wait till you record with it. :wink: Enjoy your bass man.

3. Mr Rabble

Mr Rabble

Warwick doesn't use Alder, the other wood option is Ash.
    Bubinga has a darker sound than Ash, with great low-midrange growl, and less brightness.

The tone is very defined, and yes it weights much more than Alder.
    BTW I don't think that Alder lacks definition, it's a good wood with great midrange presence.

Alder is a cheap wood, and not all Alder bodies sound good.
    But when you find a good quality, resonant Alder body you are in tone heaven.

4. saxonbass

saxonbass

I think Mr Rabble was referring to the Warwick ash corvette, while the alder body xx refers to is the rockbass.

I'm a fan of the Rockbass, but I think you'll find a "night and day" difference. The bubinga std is a great bass and a growly monster... I tried one out against my Thumb, but the Thumb has a much sexier body shape (IMO)

You won't regret getting the bubinga std, but you may want to buy a comfort strap!

5. Mr Rabble

Mr Rabble

Oops!

I missed the passage in which he says he already has an Alder Rockbass :lol:

6. Z3r0_G

Z3r0_G

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb4rlYVcD3A[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IKV0X3y9gc[/ame]

There you go. sound clips of your corvette. cept i think that the 2nd link may not be bubinga.

7. Stroud

Stroud

its most likly to be ash as it has a coloured oil finish and warwick doesnt do coloured oil finishes over bubinga

8. Z3r0_G

Z3r0_G

Stroud: haha precisely why i wasnt sure. didnt bother to check the warwick site. but man that jap guy can really play.

9. Thomas

Thomas

hey thanks for those clips... I've never been so excited. waitinggggg....!!!!!!!

10. Josh-E

Josh-E

+1