Corvette $$ string spacing

Owl

Reaction score
I've just ordered a 5 string Corvette$$ with 3 band eq - thanks for all your opinions and suggestions in making this choice. My question now relates to the string spacing - I'm most used to playing basses with a spacing of around 18-19mm can anyone tell me what the standard spacing for this bass is and whether it is user adjustable or do I need to ask for a preferred spacing as a custom option?

Owl

MM Stingray, Overwater ProgressIII custom, Rickenbacker 4003, Sei Bass fretless custom, Ashdown ABM500 head, Ashdown 4x8 cab & Ashdown 1x15 cab.

Reaction score
The standard string spacing on the 5-String version is 16mms. The unique Warwick bridge allows you to adjust the string spacing. Neat thing really.

Reaction score
3 band eq?

did you have to custom order to get the 3 band EQ? Mine came standard with a 2 band?

Reaction score
Re: 3 band eq?

Son of Bovril said:
did you have to custom order to get the 3 band EQ? Mine came standard with a 2 band?

Good question. I didn't know 'bout the 3-bane EQ either.
Do you have pics of your double buck? Still happy with it?

Owl

Reaction score
I don't think the 3 band eq is a custom option as such - I just asked if it was possible and was told "no problem"!! My local music shop (Andertons in Guildford - UK) told me that all the basic models can be modified with whatever you want - for an upcharge. The 3 band is a standard bit of kit - just not in the standard$$. So, where modification of the standard models ends and true customisation begins is a bit of a grey area.

Reaction score
THe spacing is user adjustable on the bridge. This bass slaps wonderfully, I don't know what everyone is on about?

Reaction score
Yep!

You can get a 3 band EQ like this.

4 Pot version
Vol/balance Stack knob
Mid
Tre
Bass

3 pot version
Vol/balance stack knob
Mid
Tre/Bas stack knob