Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Corvette Std. What pickup is it? MEC or something else?

Discussion in 'Non - Official Warwick Customer Support' started by skv, May 2, 2013.

1. skv

skv

Hi everyone!

I'm Warwick player since 5 or 6 years, when I bought my 4 strings Corvette Standard. The bass was built in 1998 and came with passive pickups. I was told then, that these are MEC pickups, but whatever - I didn't know much about basses and pickups and first of all - the guitar sounded good!:) And still sounds good, but now I'm changing 4 string version to 5 string. So I'm going to sell the old Corvette and I must know for potencial buyers' information what are these pickups.
    There is no description or something, and they are open pickups (with visible magnets), unlike the most of Warwick Basses with JJ (but on the other hand I heard that back in '90s open MECs were more popular in Warwick basses, is it true?).
    So, is there any chance this is MEC? If these aren't MECs, then what is that? Thanks for any answer.

CAM00155.jpg CAM00158.jpg CAM00162.jpg CAM00167.jpg CAM00169.jpg CAM00170.jpg CAM00171.jpg CAM00173.jpg CAM00175.jpg

2. Curtis

Curtis Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)

Could be MEC. The Streamer CV has similar MECs.

3. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

I don't think we ever used this kind of pickup for Corvette STD. And MEC ones have a different cover. The cover have some kind of indented frame around the pickup...

4. Curtis

Curtis Editor De Bassist magazine (NL)

On the pics of the Warwick CV you see closed J's with the MEC-logo and the 'Dynamic Correction' on it. I saw 'my' review bass in the factory and it has open coils.

5. Nachobassman

Nachobassman Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!

Those don´t look like MECs.

6. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

They could be Seymour DUncans, but they are not MEC.