Corvette $$ - ground issue and stacked volume knobs?

Reaction score
Hi.
Was rehearsing as usual with my Corvette $$ 5 Ash body when suddenly it went really quiet. Then when I took my hands off there was loud buzzing. If I touched one of the poles on the MEC the bass got loud again. Clearly a ground issue but I can't see anything wrong in the wiring cavity. I'm guessing that maybe the ground wire to the pick ups has come loose? Any ideas. Trying to avoid stripping the pick ups out and looking for something I don't even know is the problem.
Also, strangely, after years with this bass, I just discovered the neck pick up and bridge pick up volume controls are double stacked. Pulling out doesn't seem to change anything but then I do have a ground issue suddenly.
Now this is a passive bass, there's no battery so why would it have stacks designed for a pre amp by pass?
Puzzled!

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
The stereo jack output is also a suspect. When a ground wire comes loose it is usually from a moving part and each time you plug in your cable, that part will move.

Reaction score
yeah that's what it turned out to be........in better light on my workbench I found the barrel jack was loose and a ground wire from the pups came off. Heating up the soldering iron now. Tightened the barrel jack as much as I could but it's in at an angle so the nut doesn't fully snug at the wood.
Thanks!!!!!

Top Bottom