Reaction score
I finally got completly through

A UK 2 series tv show called The Missing

IMO - pretty fucking good

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've taken to watching Poirot and Endeavour...

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I am a person who generally finds himself on the side of critics when it comes to film, but last night I found a welcome exception. I'm not sure why The Vanishing of Sidney Hall got such bad reviews, but I found it to be beautiful, sad, and haunting.

Reactions: RIP
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most unintentionally bad, though original, horror films I’ve ever seen-
Notable line- “Is it cats, or is it death!”

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Event Horizon is a disturbing flick for sure.

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out why there is such a surge in horror / zombie films in the last few years..

And then it hit me..

We're back in the 70s again. Shit....

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a movie, but I've been watching The Orville recently. If you are into Start Trek at all, it's much more "Star Trek" than the recent Star Treks they have been throwing at us. Plus it has MacFarlane's humour :D

Reaction score
Darkstar — a sci-fi spoof that had a limited theatrical release in 1974. It was Dan O'Bannon's and John Carpenter's first effort that they made while still in film school. The budget was so low, that everybody had dual or more roles apiece. For example Dan not only co-wrote the screenplay, but played Sgt. Pinback, edited the film, and supervised the production design and special effects. John Carpenter shared screenwriting credit, produced and directed, and wrote and performed the soundtrack. Bill Taylor, who did the optical effects wrote the lyrics to the intro song. When I first saw it back in the 80's I didn't like it so much, but later came to appreciate the tongue in cheek humor.

Dan would later create Alien, along with Ronald Shusett, by adapting the plot of this film into something much more sinister. I believe that the guy who did the set design and special effects, later worked on Star Wars.
There are some precursors here, one of which is the ship zooming into hyperdrive and you see the star field moving by, though not as refined as the Millennium Falcon hyperspace footage in Star Wars.

The original trailer-

Here’s the link for the entire film in HD-

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
A clip from THX1138. The motorcycles in this chase scene are the coolest sounding ever!

Reaction score
Though I despise William Faulkner, this film which first saw on television in a state of the deepest despair back in the 80’s, really touched me-

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
I recomend Dunkirk, specially if you love WWII planes like I do.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yep really enjoyed it. If you like WWII aircraft, you should watch “the Battle of Britain” from 1969. Decent movie but the aerial footage is amazing and many authentic planes were used (although most of the German planes were actually Spanish built versions that they slightly modified)

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I just watched this one. A truly astonishing sci-fi movie. Excellent on every level.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Added to my watch list

Have you seen Ex Machina? Love that movie

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
Have you seen Ex Machina? Love that movie

Not yet, but it's in my queue. I just moved a bunch of horror stuff to the top for right now (October tradition for me). But I want to see that soon.

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Lol that’s cool. I love sci-fi so any recommends you got, I will take.

Reaction score
Real Name
Steve Gregory
I've been on a bit of a sci-fi kick lately, but unfortunately I can't really recommend too much of what I've seen. I did watch THX1138 thanks to @ectoflanger. That was pretty good, but you've probably already seen it. Another Earth was OK, but it was a little thin on the "sci". Almost more new-agey.

Top Bottom