Compressor

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a dbx 160x.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? What compressors do some of you guys use?

Reaction score
i use a behringer (i know i know its behringer but it works for me) TUBECOMOSER T1952. You can pick these up for £90 in the UK. Tubes dont do much but the compresser and gates work great.

Reaction score
I no longer use a compressor, but if you're interested in a pedal the Boss Limiter/Enhancer isn't bad...

Reaction score
fpr0dbass said:

Does anyone have any other suggestions? What compressors do some of you guys use?

I`m thinking of getting that one, after recommendations from Oliver.
I was also looking at the Distressor form Empirical Labs, but it costs too much right now. Might just settle for a Behringer, one of the actual lasting quality objects they`ve made.

O

odominguez

fpr0dbass said:

The dbx 160 series are good compressors for bass. I normally only use mine in the studio and on stage I either use the one in my Korg pedal or the one on the X-TREME amplifier.

Reaction score
I've got an Aphex Punch Factory. I find it thickens out the tone without affecting the basic sound. The LED display is really useful for setting just the right amount of compression.

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use an old Symetrix 501, iti is a great compressor for bass, and you can find it for 100 $ sh. Look for one with toggle power switch, not with push button ;-)
TL Audio Fatman seems to be a very good compressor for it's money.
RNC also

Reaction score
I used the now discontinued TC Electronics C-1 Multiband mono compresser. You can basically set it to compress the low, mid and highs all differently. Works really well in my live rig.

Reaction score
saxonbass said:
I've got an Aphex Punch Factory. I find it thickens out the tone without affecting the basic sound. The LED display is really useful for setting just the right amount of compression.

I'm quoting myself now. The Aphex is fine... but I was so impressed by the EBS multi-drive I recently bought, I'm thinking of getting the EBS multi-comp.... and it has a choice of three modes!

Reaction score
saxonbass said:
saxonbass said:

I'm quoting myself now. The Aphex is fine... but I was so impressed by the EBS multi-drive I recently bought, I'm thinking of getting the EBS multi-comp.... and it has a choice of three modes!

Not only three modes, you can also adjust the frequensy band by the trim pots (in the battery comparment) and chose where the compression shall effect the sound. / mats

Reaction score
Best compressor...

I searched for a long time for a basic compressor that didn't suck, to put it bluntly. I have found that the Aphex Punch Factory has been the best for the buck thus far. I use it with upright bass as well, and it makes a huge difference with being able to be heard in difficult situations and rooms. My drummer loves it.

Top Bottom