Compressor

Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
I'm thinking of a dbx 160x.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? What compressors do some of you guys use?
 
Joined
Sep 10, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
4
Age
31
i use a behringer (i know i know its behringer but it works for me) TUBECOMOSER T1952. You can pick these up for £90 in the UK. Tubes dont do much but the compresser and gates work great.
 
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
2,575
Reaction score
16
I no longer use a compressor, but if you're interested in a pedal the Boss Limiter/Enhancer isn't bad...
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
2,435
Reaction score
89
fpr0dbass said:
I'm thinking of a dbx 160x.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? What compressors do some of you guys use?


I`m thinking of getting that one, after recommendations from Oliver.
I was also looking at the Distressor form Empirical Labs, but it costs too much right now. Might just settle for a Behringer, one of the actual lasting quality objects they`ve made.
 
O

odominguez

Guest
fpr0dbass said:
I'm thinking of a dbx 160x.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? What compressors do some of you guys use?

The dbx 160 series are good compressors for bass. I normally only use mine in the studio and on stage I either use the one in my Korg pedal or the one on the X-TREME amplifier.
 
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
I've got an Aphex Punch Factory. I find it thickens out the tone without affecting the basic sound. The LED display is really useful for setting just the right amount of compression.
 

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 28, 2006
Messages
17,877
Reaction score
1,960
Age
47
I use an old Symetrix 501, iti is a great compressor for bass, and you can find it for 100 $ sh. Look for one with toggle power switch, not with push button ;-)
TL Audio Fatman seems to be a very good compressor for it's money.
RNC also
 
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I used the now discontinued TC Electronics C-1 Multiband mono compresser. You can basically set it to compress the low, mid and highs all differently. Works really well in my live rig.
 
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
saxonbass said:
I've got an Aphex Punch Factory. I find it thickens out the tone without affecting the basic sound. The LED display is really useful for setting just the right amount of compression.

I'm quoting myself now. The Aphex is fine... but I was so impressed by the EBS multi-drive I recently bought, I'm thinking of getting the EBS multi-comp.... and it has a choice of three modes!
 
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
0
saxonbass said:
saxonbass said:
I've got an Aphex Punch Factory. I find it thickens out the tone without affecting the basic sound. The LED display is really useful for setting just the right amount of compression.

I'm quoting myself now. The Aphex is fine... but I was so impressed by the EBS multi-drive I recently bought, I'm thinking of getting the EBS multi-comp.... and it has a choice of three modes!

Not only three modes, you can also adjust the frequensy band by the trim pots (in the battery comparment) and chose where the compression shall effect the sound. / mats
 
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Best compressor...

I searched for a long time for a basic compressor that didn't suck, to put it bluntly. I have found that the Aphex Punch Factory has been the best for the buck thus far. I use it with upright bass as well, and it makes a huge difference with being able to be heard in difficult situations and rooms. My drummer loves it.
 
Top Bottom