Combo 25.2 Multiple Output Stage Failures

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Combo 25.2 and first impressions were that this was and excellent amp. However, the first time in the studio and the amp blew on me. I took the amp back to the shop and they replaced it; no questions asked. Next time in the studio, the amp blew again!!! This time the shop replaced it with a 25.1 which gave me no grief although did not have the presence and punch of the 25.2.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just unlucky!!

regards

Dave from Australia

Reaction score
G'day Dave.It's always good to have another Aussie on board. 8)
It's a shame that these things sometime happen,& if you have any further problems you know you'll be looked after with Warwick gear.
I've heard of people buying a new Warwick combo & the amp doesnt work straight out of the box.But these things are pretty few & far between.I hope this doesnt put you off buying Warwick gear in future,& as you found out,if it's faulty,it's replaced no questions asked.
cheers mate.

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Dave, and welcome to the forum :)

Sorry to hear about the 25.2 amps, they are still new, we have to wait and see if there will be more bad reports about them.
The 25.1 is still a great combo anyway....

Reaction score
Thanks Greg and Florin for your responses

Although I am pleased that the 25.1 did not give up on me, it does not have anywhere near the presence and punch that the 25.2 had which is disappointing. Having said that, I am pleased with my Corvette which I purchased as part of the package and the response of the re-seller to the problems I encountered. I am awaiting a copy of the report from the local distributor as to why both amps gave up on me.

regards

Dave

Reaction score
Perhaps there was some kind of component in a batch that was faulty. That would explain it happening with two amps.

I would say if you're not happy with the 25.1, and would prefer a 25.2, then take it back and get another 25.2.

I'm sure the problem is not a long term one.

;)

Florin

Warwick Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eberbachl said:
Perhaps there was some kind of component in a batch that was faulty. That would explain it happening with two amps.

I would say if you're not happy with the 25.1, and would prefer a 25.2, then take it back and get another 25.2.

I'm sure the problem is not a long term one.

;)
+1, you should have a good 25.2 in the end...
You should know anyway that the 25.2 is actually the profet 3.2 in a combo. So maybe they will replace the combo for the profet and a cabinet :)

Reaction score
That could be an option as the local distributor says 4 weeks before a replacement hits our shores.

Thanks for the advice

Dave

Reaction score
One Happy Camper!!!

Guess what? I was unlucky. 6 x 25.2 combos were imported into Oz and 2 of them were poorly wired and I got both of them. Can't help bad luck and there are no new shipments of the 25.2 due for at least another 4 - 6 weeks.

Anyway, I took Florin's advice and tryed the 30.2 with the 410 but was not particularily impressed. The local dealer came back with a 30.3 and that is when the WOW factor kicked in!!

Warwick have obviously spent some considerable effort on the output stages of their new series of amplifiers and I suggest to anyone who is looking for a new rig that you do not go past them. For a small form rig, they certainly punch above their weight.

Thanks to everyone who responded on this forum and to the folks at Drum Power and Dominant for looking after me. Warwick, their distributors and resellers certainly have their commitment to customer service well entrenched.

regards

Dave

Reaction score
Re: One Happy Camper!!!

david.balsamo said:
Guess what? I was unlucky. 6 x 25.2 combos were imported into Oz and 2 of them were poorly wired and I got both of them. Can't help bad luck and there are no new shipments of the 25.2 due for at least another 4 - 6 weeks.

Anyway, I took Florin's advice and tryed the 30.2 with the 410 but was not particularily impressed. The local dealer came back with a 30.3 and that is when the WOW factor kicked in!!

Warwick have obviously spent some considerable effort on the output stages of their new series of amplifiers and I suggest to anyone who is looking for a new rig that you do not go past them. For a small form rig, they certainly punch above their weight.

Thanks to everyone who responded on this forum and to the folks at Drum Power and Dominant for looking after me. Warwick, their distributors and resellers certainly have their commitment to customer service well entrenched.

regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Glad you're happy with the Pro FET 3.3 - but they haven't done anything to beef up the "output stage" from the 3.2.

They've just used a different pot on the gain dial and master volume dial so the volume kicks in earlier ;)

Either way - the 3.2 and 3.3's are nice heads. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

:D

Top Bottom