Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Can someone compare Active to Passive?

Discussion in 'Bass Clips' started by IncubusCorvette311, Nov 25, 2009.

1. IncubusCorvette311

IncubusCorvette311

Well I finally remember my name to long onto these forums again!

And I'm getting back into bass for a band that wanted me to play for them. We are about to go into the studio and we have shows booked and have already played the masquerade in Atlanta, GA which is pretty cool!

But anyway...I really have been on an Active kick ever since I got into warwicks because of Dirk and P-Nut. My price range would be in the corvette series. So I'm trying to figure out how different the active corvette is to the passive vett?

I would love to play them in person but the guitar center and sam ash around me dont have any warwicks! :?:

All guitar center had was the new rockbass series with the W on the headstock.

I did play a corvette $$ (rockbass) and a corvette STD Passive (rockbass) and was actually pleasantly surprised by the sound. But both basses had dead frets. And they were brand new....so that didn't fly. The $$ had a dead 12th fret A. And the STD had a dead G on the D string I believe.

Anyway I digress again....if someone could compare these two basses I would greatly appreciate it.

I play 3 ways....with a pick most of the time....some new songs with finger plucking....and a few slap songs.

Oh and one more thing...not to boast but heres my youtube channel of some guitar videos! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/SoundsystemPRS

2. Pedro

Pedro

Hey man, having recently upgraded from passive to active, i would recommend going for the active model. Especially if you are looking at studio time, the extra range will really come in handy.