Buzzard V.S. Streamer

Reaction score
Hi all hope you can help me: I play bass now since 2 years and now i want to buy a new more expensive bass than i got now....i play in a rock band and my question is which bass is better for rock: a warwick buzzard bolt on or a warwick streamer stage I??? i know this question is a little bit stupid but i really want to buy the better one of this 2..thx for helping...

The Ox

Reaction score
Well, I would chose the Streamer because IMHO the Buzzard is ugly (sorry :oops: ) / mats

Reaction score
mala said:
Well, I would chose the Streamer because IMHO the Buzzard is ugly (sorry :oops: ) / mats

I second that. Can't go wrong with the Streamer.

Reaction score
Yes, you cant go wrng with the steamer. Also by playing the buzzard you will get more attention, if thats what you want.

Reaction score
Haven't tried the Buzzard but the BO version is not as good lookin as the LTD version.. The standard Warwick headstock looks ugly on the Buzzard..

The Streamer Stage I have been my MAIN bass for sometime now.. I really love the sound of it..
Great for ROCK.. and other styles aswell..

I would go for the Stage I bass...

Reaction score
I agree,the streamers your best bet but not before you fully research & test drive both basses,you might find the bass you don't try out is the one your most comfy with,but there's only 1 way to find out.

jay

Reaction score
Never played a buzzard but I think they look cool...

Reaction score
Ox,have you considered a hot rod?They're very popular & come highly reccomended from alot of respected players.Good luck & have fun mate.
Enviously yours,
:lol:

Reaction score
thumperton said:
Ox,have you considered a hot rod?They're very popular & come highly reccomended from alot of respected players.Good luck & have fun mate.
Enviously yours,
:lol:
The problem might be to find one :wink:

Reaction score
Mats of course,the hot rods a LTD edition,I forgot. :oops:

Reaction score
No sweat Greg :wink: Just to mention that I might have found my 2002 Lts as well, have been looking everywere. It's Marcus old that he sold. Now this gouy wants to buy a new bass from me and he happened to be willing to trade in the FNA Ltd 2002. I don't make to much resistance :lol:

Reaction score
Even if I didn't played on a Streamer and/or on a a Buzzard, my vote goes to the Streamer.

I hope you'll make a good choice! :)

O

odominguez

The Streamer has been one of our most popular body shapes for quite a long time now. It's a very versatile instrument.

On the other hand, the Buzzard Bass, even though it sounds great, I don't see myself playing it in a jazz gig for example. But it has very defined sound that you cannot find in many other basses.

Reaction score
Thx for your good feedback first i have to say that i think the buzzard looks really unique on the other hand the streamer looks nobler than the buzzard (when i buy a streamer then in honey violin = great color) and the streamer is a neckthrough...(but is that important for the sound?) and one of the most selled basses of warwick so it's good, sure. and like odominguez said: the buzzard has a very defined sound..and i think thats what i'm looking for so: should i take the noble one neckthrough or the defined buzzard??? my question is: is a bass with neckthrough much better then a bold on??? i don't know i played with a warwick vamp before....ThX

The Ox

O

odominguez

You don't need to compromise the look of your bass for definition. Warwick offer great basses with well defined sound quality, the buzzard is not the only bass that will provide you with a well-defined tone. You can get a similar sound with a Streamer Stage II. Or if you want go to the Warwick Custom shop and have them make you a streamer with the same woods and you will have the perfect combination between the two.

Reaction score
Yes i know thx... maby i will do that...thx to all for your great feedback...

Reaction score
I love the look of the original Buzzard, with its own headstock.
It's sadly a very unbalanced bass, so I'd recommend to try it with a strap before you buy it.

On the oher hand the Streamer bass is a masterpiece of ergonomics, in all its versions.

Top Bottom