Buying oil paint

J

Jacobrownoly

A hope this doesnt sound to stupid but :oops: ...can u buy Nirvana black oil stain ???? :lol:

Reaction score
Uhhhhhm,

I don't think you can buy Warwick's coloured oil, but I'm pretty sure you can make your own. I wouldn't be surprised if luthiers make their own stuff as well...................... 8)

C

Casey

You can easily buy some stain at the hardware store and mix it with some linseed oil to obtained a stained look. Although now that I think about it a thinner oil would work better because it will soak into the wood more evenly... I find teak oil to be VERY think because of the mineral spirits in it... So problaby some teak oil with whatever stain you want mixed togethor would problaby work great :)

J

Jacobrownoly

thumbin said:
You can easily buy some stain at the hardware store and mix it with some linseed oil to obtained a stained look. Although now that I think about it a thinner oil would work better because it will soak into the wood more evenly... I find teak oil to be VERY think because of the mineral spirits in it... So problaby some teak oil with whatever stain you want mixed togethor would problaby work great :)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
I don't think the stain is mixed with the oil. I think first the bass is stained, then is oiled.

Reaction score
Florin said:
I don't think the stain is mixed with the oil. I think first the bass is stained, then is oiled.

That's what I think as well...

Reaction score
Jacobrownoly said:
Is there NO WAY Warwick could sell me some for the oil paint for the bass????

Only one dude can answer this question. E-mail Mr. H.P. Wilfer. :wink:

Reaction score
I have been successful in touching up the white dings in my Nirvana flat finish. You know how any little ding shows up as white or light gray. Just get a nice new black Sharpie and color the ding in good and IMMEDIATELY rub the spot well with your bare finger. Don't wait for it to dry. The excess completely disappears and the ding stays nice and black. Still a ding but much less noticable. Works best if your fingers are a little oily so don't wash the oil out before you do this.

Top Bottom