Reaction score
80xPjQ6_d.webp

UUY2Qud.jpg

Bigger is better right?
👍😂

Eli

Reaction score
Hey,

I bought a used Streamer Jazzman 5 strings, made in 2002. I cleaned it and set it up and all was fine except the D string tuner (original from the factory), which was very hard to turn, even after cleaning and oiling it. A few weeks later, the shaft suddenly snapped while I was tuning the D string. Is this common ? I've never had this happen to any of my basses or guitar before. Here is a pic :

New photo by ProfessorJones7
Hi. Just now I bought 5 tuning machine for my FNA jazzaman 5. I want to renew my bass and I buy it in the Warwick website. I hope it works for me. I have a question for you. I’m having problems with the truss rod. My bass was made in 2003 and yours was made in 2002. The questions is if your truss rod works good because mine is stuck. Than you

Reaction score
Any chance to find out? The ones you have are almost alike the Warwick ones. The Gotohs i find are very different from those.

Im thinking GB707, the Taranis is in storage right now or I would have a look for you.
But these have a biggest post, and are usually found on Ibanez basses.

Looks a lot better if you ask me, but you might need to do extra routing. (I didn't install these myself, so I'm not sure!)

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Im thinking GB707, the Taranis is in storage right now or I would have a look for you.
But these have a biggest post, and are usually found on Ibanez basses.

Looks a lot better if you ask me, but you might need to do extra routing. (I didn't install these myself, so I'm not sure!)
no extra routing…14mm diameter

Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Keane
Hey,

I bought a used Streamer Jazzman 5 strings, made in 2002. I cleaned it and set it up and all was fine except the D string tuner (original from the factory), which was very hard to turn, even after cleaning and oiling it. A few weeks later, the shaft suddenly snapped while I was tuning the D string. Is this common ? I've never had this happen to any of my basses or guitar before. Here is a pic :

New photo by ProfessorJones7
Its happened to me on my most regular used Corvette $$ 4 and on a $$ 5. It's always the bass tuners E,A, and B. Ive lost 3 on one bass which really cheesed me off when i consider what were meant to be cheaper basses ( westone and others) i never lost a tuner on them and they were treated fairly badly, no hardcase and into the back of the van after gigs. Its not just the quality but the money being ask for along with postage £28.00+ I had already got myself into the idea of getting a suitable replacement from schaller or Hipshot. The Schaller Da Vinci are really amazing looking tuners with inner mechanism on show behind a glass window, but they just don't have a screw fixing point at all. Some say you can secure with the 14mm bolt myself i'll stick with the conventional schaller pegs. Every Wwk tuner failed by snapping clean off at the base of the post where you'd put your string end pointing at. That says to me its a weak spot and not up to standard especially them going in the same exact spot. On level with other items and a real revenue creator. Sad return for the personal investment.

Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Keane
As long as they know they will keep selling a part of the bass that I think is sub standard it will be common. However, that streamer Jazzman may have gone over in the sickening slide after being lent against something and its logical the tuners will get a whack along with the lower body.
I am going to try a set of Schallers really got nothing much to lose. Im a bad cynic with little hope to be treated decently by companies so excuse me if you find me a total Negatron but thats what 5 decades does for your perception, despite having nothing but good things to say about warwick, the honeymoon has staled slightly with things like this. The tedur just a nut should of been binned unless someone specified having one. (?????????????)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Keane
Its the exact same failure as my own, always it seems the strings with the most strain on the tuners and we will play more notes in the lower range. I shut up if it wasn't such a scam to get a replacement. By that i mean the postage. I also need a saddle for my G string and the part costs maybe $2.50 but $18.00 added or thereabouts for postage from Deutche to UK. Im not a moaner and if money wasn't as tight i'd pay up like the next man, just think in their focus on giving you whatever bass you want but some of the parts are not of the same calibre of great looking basses (exclude entwistle bass with hand grip on top horn. Maybe i'd like it if someone wants to educate me on its merit. Prof get on e bay and all the tuners are all alike other than left n right. Left being bass and we are talking 2 a side?make sure they have page of measurements with a 13mm diameter on the shaft of tuner you attatch.

Reaction score
and another broken tuner :-(
I just finished cleaning / waxing my new Infinity 5 SN 2002 and upon restringing, the tuning peg for the A string (i.e. left side) broke. I have attached a picture, and just for fun added another picture of a freshly waxed Zebrano Infinity.
Guess I will get a replacement Warwick tuner, despite the mediocre quality.
View attachment 21770 View attachment 21769
Well, this was easier than I thought: the new Schaller M4 90 tuners fit perfectly and work really smooth. They also look nice, although I could live without the prominent "Made in Germany", but anyways: the Infinity is happy :)

View attachment 21779 View attachment 21780 View attachment 21781
I have the same bass (Infinity SN5) and while not sure of the year I have the same issue with the tuners. I have replaced them more times than I can count.. I have a bag of unusable gold tuner parts, all of which have broken in the same spot. I cannot find a reasonably priced replacement WARWICK part ... Should I just give up and go with GOTOH or SCHALLERT or GROVER? I hate using non-original parts, but if they keep breaking it's a no win situation. What are your thoughts.

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I have the same bass (Infinity SN5) and while not sure of the year I have the same issue with the tuners. I have replaced them more times than I can count.. I have a bag of unusable gold tuner parts, all of which have broken in the same spot. I cannot find a reasonably priced replacement WARWICK part ... Should I just give up and go with GOTOH or SCHALLERT or GROVER? I hate using non-original parts, but if they keep breaking it's a no win situation. What are your thoughts.
I recommend to go with Gotoh or Schaller…the price is just like 2 sets of good bass strings and they last for a lifetime👍…the issues with original Warwick tuners (= lowest quality „crappy“ JinHo..) has been discussed in the forum „to death“…🤷🏼

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I do not know the actual quality of Warwick tuners since 2013…when they started to re-think their quality policy🤷🏼🤔

steembass

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
on each and every Warwick bass produced between 2001 and 2013 I do replace the tuners against quality once! Never had any issues then with „broken tuners on stage“…something I would always calculate when buying a second hand Warwick from that era..

Reaction score
Thread Resurrection: Does anyone know a tuner part number for Warwick or another brand (Gotoh or Schaller) that will fit on a 1995 Warwick Fortress Masterman? One of my tuners is on its way out, so I thought I better get this sorted before it fails! I've seen these on Talkbass, but unsure if they'll fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• l8PJpr4.jpg
    l8PJpr4.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 49
  • O35qKdf.jpg
    O35qKdf.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
Or would these fit? They came off a 1992 Warwick streamer. 2+2 Gotoh brand. On Talkbass also.

Attachments

• 20230222_165402.jpg
    20230222_165402.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230222_165411.jpg
    20230222_165411.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 49

Stainless

Guard of the Fortress
Reaction score
Thread Resurrection: Does anyone know a tuner part number for Warwick or another brand (Gotoh or Schaller) that will fit on a 1995 Warwick Fortress Masterman? One of my tuners is on its way out, so I thought I better get this sorted before it fails! I've seen these on Talkbass, but unsure if they'll fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Doesn't fit.
Or would these fit? They came off a 1992 Warwick streamer. 2+2 Gotoh brand. On Talkbass also.
Does fit :)

Top Bottom