Broken Tuning Machine

Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Keane
Thread Resurrection: Does anyone know a tuner part number for Warwick or another brand (Gotoh or Schaller) that will fit on a 1995 Warwick Fortress Masterman? One of my tuners is on its way out, so I thought I better get this sorted before it fails! I've seen these on Talkbass, but unsure if they'll fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ive seen a UK Brand called Wilkinson who concentrate in hardware in a big way, tuners,p/ups,? Bridges.
The tuners are open gear which I think would look awesome, especially in a wick that will take gold H-ware. Thing is the screw hole would have to be slightly different. Options, re-drill seal hole with quality wood filler. There take on the clover looks great, tried to get a set but noticed there was incompatibility with the Wwick. The one in the pick looks perfect but its slightly two long if I can ill load another image a technical drawing with every measure. Hope this helps they make tough stuff and the import duty or postage is more than I can afford at present. I love Warwicks just a few niggles like my same tuner snapping regular as clockwork on the bass side. It may be common with most brands but i have my first
proper bass 25+ years on and they just keep going despite my lack of care. Hope this is a help or the Schaller tuners used for you people with $$$$ for custom shop are available to buy on website.
Mark

Attachments

• no13_black.jpg
    no13_black.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 35
  • no13_tech_1.jpg
    no13_tech_1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Ive seen a UK Brand called Wilkinson who concentrate in hardware in a big way, tuners,p/ups,? Bridges.
The tuners are open gear which I think would look awesome, especially in a wick that will take gold H-ware. Thing is the screw hole would have to be slightly different. Options, re-drill seal hole with quality wood filler. There take on the clover looks great, tried to get a set but noticed there was incompatibility with the Wwick. The one in the pick looks perfect but its slightly two long if I can ill load another image a technical drawing with every measure. Hope this helps they make tough stuff and the import duty or postage is more than I can afford at present. I love Warwicks just a few niggles like my same tuner snapping regular as clockwork on the bass side. It may be common with most brands but i have my first
proper bass 25+ years on and they just keep going despite my lack of care. Hope this is a help or the Schaller tuners used for you people with $$$$ for custom shop are available to buy on website.
Mark
Thanks for that Mark. I ended up buying the 1992 Warwick streamer 2+2 Gotoh brand ones on TalkBass for $60 USD. So, they will do me for now. I heard the Gotoh brand are long lasting, so I should be sorted.

Attachments

• 20230222_165402.jpg
    20230222_165402.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230222_165411.jpg
    20230222_165411.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 48
Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Keane
Thanks for that Mark. I ended up buying the 1992 Warwick streamer 2+2 Gotoh brand ones on TalkBass for $60 USD. So, they will do me for now. I heard the Gotoh brand are long lasting, so I should be sorted.
They break in same spot which is what gets me down - always on the spindle that takes all the tension on the tuner. Why? maybe the inevitability and lack of ability to avoid but not spend silly money, but buy cheap copies and your one issue turns into many. So its carry on regardless, although I saw some schaller tuners= Nice. They were expensive but I would try. Got a 4string bridge, both parts and tuners on the bay worked out great and is nestled on the streamer LX4 in my avatar pic. Its all gold H-ware works with the honey violin (??) maple. Later

Top Bottom