Broken Tuning Machine - WTF!!!!

Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Is this some cruel joke? :evil:
I can't believe the same thing just happened to me last night!!! :eek:

Josh Emmons do your machines have a "W" on them? Mine do not! I believe you have a 2002 also.

Did Warwick run out of tuners in 2002 and use some no name brand??? :?::?:

Is there any warranty claim possible? :?:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
Freek!!!!

Just look at that - "CYBORG" FREEK!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7915.jpg
    IMG_7915.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_7907.jpg
    IMG_7907.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 283
Reaction score
From what I can see of the broken tunner it doesn't look like a warwick to me.The body doesn't look right.Grover makes a nice replacment thats a direct fit.

Reaction score
Hey guys same thing happened to me! I read that one of the reasons this happens is because the string wound wrong in the tuning machine, one solution is that when you are stringing the bass leave 3 inches of string spare after tuning machine, then you will wind orderly the string, poor roll may cause the machine to work forced and tuning may not be accurate! Cheers

Reaction score
Will you consider buying a tuner of the correct side? Because, it's kinda funky looking for now :lol:

Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin
ALL is WELL!!!
Thanks to a great engineer/metallurgist at work! Chuck "re-made" the peg for me and you would never know it's not original!!!

Will you consider buying a tuner of the correct side? Because, it's kinda funky looking for now :lol:

Ya I know! the "ugly" was only temporary.

Reaction score
Yeah man, that replacement tuner was cooooooool!! Although i think the novelty of a random tuner would ware off pretty quick...........actually looking again it's not so cool..................

and now it looks rubbish :d

Reaction score
I replaced all 6 machine heads on my bass recently with real Warwick tuners and they did not cost that much. It is worth getting the real McCoy!

Top Bottom