Bridge Paint Coming Off

Reaction score
Hi people,

The black paint is slowly starting to come off of the bridge (string saddle) on my Vampyre SN5. A bought it a few months ago in mint condition, almost not played at all, and the bridge did not miss any paint so the coming off started with me. :oops:
I am though one of the sweatier people around and I play with a pick. This is the place where a often place my palm during the playing so it is clear why that happens.

I would like to know if there is a common simple wayto repair or avoid this. Should I just let it be and just change the bridge when it gets too corroded? :D
I don't have any problems with wear-and-tear looks though.

Here are a few pics. Nothing scary

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_094612054.jpg
    IMG_20200416_094612054.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20200416_094631114.jpg
    IMG_20200416_094631114.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 298

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Me I would completely ignore that and just play the damn thing.
#mojo!

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I paid upcharge for corroded hardware, hehe!

Hector

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi people,

The black paint is slowly starting to come off of the bridge (string saddle) on my Vampyre SN5. A bought it a few months ago in mint condition, almost not played at all, and the bridge did not miss any paint so the coming off started with me. :oops:
I am though one of the sweatier people around and I play with a pick. This is the place where a often place my palm during the playing so it is clear why that happens.

I would like to know if there is a common simple wayto repair or avoid this. Should I just let it be and just change the bridge when it gets too corroded? :D

Do you wear anything on your wrist (watch, bracelet) that might be contributing to the wear?

Reaction score
Do you wear anything on your wrist (watch, bracelet) that might be contributing to the wear?

Up on my wrist I have a cotton (or something like that) sweatband, otherwise nothing.

Reaction score
Hi people,

There is also the possibility of touching up the piece with a black phosphating type surface treatment, which will restore its original appearance.
It is also a treatment of this type that had to be applied to the metal, but this type of treatment wears out with friction and therefore, it will start again.

Reaction score
Thank guys!

I believe I will just ignore it until it gets too bad to play or set, in which case I will get a new one.

Top Bottom