Bluejay's blog of her visit to the Warwick&Framus custom shop in NYC

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
Hi all,

If anyone's interested - or indeed just curious - I've written a blog about my visit to Warwick in Manhattan during my recent holiday in the United States. You can check it out here: http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-3f

Thanks!
Silvia

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
Good to know you guys like it.

Chris, I was in Nashville until a few days ago! Immensely musical city. I'm going to write another short blog about the city and the friend who was our awesome music guide during our stay, Dave Pomeroy. I may post it here too... ;) :D

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
It's a fantastic city, and it seems like anybody who's anybody in music is either moving there permanently or moving there for a while! So cool. :D

Reaction score
Bluejay,

Thanks for visiting us in NYC and for sharing your wonderful blog post. It was such a treat to have you in our store. I'll definitely keep you in mind if and when any new lefty models come into stock. Come back and see us soon, Silvia!!!

All the best,
Jesse at Warwick USA

ubo

Reaction score
In Manhattan working next week, maybe if I can get the time...

Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
It's a fantastic city, and it seems like anybody who's anybody in music is either moving there permanently or moving there for a while! So cool. :D

I'm trying to get a name out for Warwick around here. Honestly it's not a popular bass in town. You see people playing Fender, Music Man, Sadowsky if they have something higher-end.

The main band I play with is like bluegrass on sterroids.. distorted guitars, double kick and metal drum riffs, me on the bass.. you just don't see Warwick basses in this type of music. That said, I always have people asking me about my basses and gear after a show and I'm sure to let them know why I use Warwick.

I'd love to see Warwick have more of a presence in country/blue grass music. We are about 50/50 with in-town and out of town shows, so I get to be a Warwick embassador in places other than Nashville, too :p

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
Bluejay,

Thanks for visiting us in NYC and for sharing your wonderful blog post. It was such a treat to have you in our store. I'll definitely keep you in mind if and when any new lefty models come into stock. Come back and see us soon, Silvia!!!

All the best,
Jesse at Warwick USA

Thank you for being so welcoming, Jesse! I'm saving my pennies for the next lefty Corvette Standard 5 you get in either black or natural :) (Heh, I can dream, can't I?) I'll be keeping an eye on any info available about you guys online too.
And yes, I want to come back to NYC and stay a lot longer! :D

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
I'm trying to get a name out for Warwick around here. Honestly it's not a popular bass in town. You see people playing Fender, Music Man, Sadowsky if they have something higher-end.

The main band I play with is like bluegrass on sterroids.. distorted guitars, double kick and metal drum riffs, me on the bass.. you just don't see Warwick basses in this type of music. That said, I always have people asking me about my basses and gear after a show and I'm sure to let them know why I use Warwick.

I'd love to see Warwick have more of a presence in country/blue grass music. We are about 50/50 with in-town and out of town shows, so I get to be a Warwick embassador in places other than Nashville, too :p

When my partner and I were in Nashville we saw a huge number of really great bands play in those pubs on the Broadway at most times of the day and night, as well as awesome gigs in other parts of town, and yes, the bass players didn't seem to have a taste for Warwicks. Give them time, they'll learn, eventually ;) :D

Florin

OG
Reaction score
thanks for sharing this, SIlvia. Also it is nice seing our Jessee in pictures, haha :)
Have you noticed how sexy the Katana is in high gloss or solid finish? As opposed to how dull it looks (in my opinion) when is NOF?
:)

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
When my partner and I were in Nashville we saw a huge number of really great bands play in those pubs on the Broadway at most times of the day and night, as well as awesome gigs in other parts of town, and yes, the bass players didn't seem to have a taste for Warwicks. Give them time, they'll learn, eventually ;) :D

I know just a little about country/bluegrass music scene, but I´m sure there is a lot of pressure to musicians to look this or that way, and that pressure goes to their instruments, if you don´t play a "tele" or a "p-bass/jazz bass" lookalike bass, you are NOT country enough.

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
Glad you like the blog, Flo. And yes, I agree with you on that Katana.
Nacho, I noticed that too. Luckily, trends and looks change with time. For instance, a few years ago I wouldn't have imagined that Metallica's bassist would play Warwicks, but that's a reality now. So I'm not losing hope. And I noticed that, when I was in Nashville last week, there was a lot of variety, in terms of kind of music played live, advertised or even simply piped in shops etc. It wasn't just Country&Western. I heard lots of rock, hard rock, jazz, funk, disco (which I adore!), and even pop as well as country. There's space for all :)

Reaction score
Real Name
Silvia
For those who are remotely interested, my blog on my visit to Nashville, as promised, is here: http://wp.me/p2ZbyY-4k. Thank you all for reading my ramblings ;)

Top Bottom