Best Strings for a Maple Neck Warwick???

Reaction score
Hi,

I just ordered a new Corvette Hot Rod LTD 2005 and play fingerstyle rock. Does anyone know which strings sound the best on a Warwick Maple neck / fingerboard bass? I don't have the funds to go out and try every string on the market, but I’m considering the following brands:

Warwick Black Label (or) EMP
EBS Northern Light Steel
Rotosound Swing Bass (or) Jazz Bass
Optima Gold
Elixir Nanoweb
D'Addario Pro Steels
Dean Markley Blue Steels
Kerly Bass
DR

Any help from someone who owns or plays a Maple neck Warwick would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!
:D

Reaction score
marcbass said:
Elixir.............................
Knew you would say that so I reply with DR coated (Red Devils or Black Beauties) :wink: The EBS Nothern is actually respectable too

Reaction score
Black labels or rotos. :wink: elixirs too.

Reaction score
jaxbassplayer said:
and play fingerstyle rock. Does anyone know which strings sound the best on a Warwick Maple neck / fingerboard bass? I

On an all maple neck, which is very bright by itself, I'd prefer nickel strings for a rockin' fingerstyle.
Usually nickel strings are less bright, but have fuller midrange body.

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered 2 sets in my gauge (50-110): DR Black Beauties and EBS Northern Lights and can now do my own comparison. If I'm not happy with either of these sets I will have to change gauges (to 50-105) and can then try the Elixirs and Optimas. I really wanted to try the Warwick EMP strings, but they don't make them in a heavy gauge, oh well.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!!
:D

Reaction score
I use Exlir Nanoweb on my stage 1 (full maple body and neck, wenge fingerboard tho) and they sound like god and last ages so less money is wasted. However you can't realy boil them like most otherstings as the coating just falls off.

Reaction score
I like Warwick Backlabels myself, however at the present time I have a set of TI flats on my Corvette. I love the sound. :)

Reaction score
I'd been using black labels on my Infinity but have just changd to Optima Gold...love em!

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but great things about Optima Gold strings! Maybe this German made string is a good match for a German made bass???

Top Bottom