Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Bass Sound Samples

Discussion in 'Bass Clips' started by tomb68, Dec 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tomb68

tomb68 Supporting Member

Tom Baker
    Because I love basses and want to try as many as possible in a lifetime I occasionally buy/sell/trade them around on craigslist/reverb/with friends. For reverb I have taken to making a quick and dirty video for some older listings. This prompted me to make more of them just for reference and posterity even if I wasn't selling the bass. Here are a few newer ones:

and

The rest can be found here, and there will be occasional additions and other content as I get to it. I don't really have a set repertoire thought I do think I'm going to work on that for future videos so there is some consistency to them. It is also fun to do though more challenging that I expected it to be.

Florin and jester like this.
  2. jester

jester ocdemon Moderator

Yanni
    Love the approach. Best place to try out a bass: home. (or even better, the stage)

tomb68 likes this.
  3. tomb68

tomb68 Supporting Member

Tom Baker
    Trying them at gigs is the best. I haven't played out in 10 months mostly due to burnout with my last project but in 2019 I need to get back on the horse. Funny side note, the bandleader/guitarist was "on the spectrum" and even though it a jazz-ish group with a fair amount of improve and artistic freedom it drove him nuts when I would show up with a different instrument than he was expecting. In 5 years of steady gigging with that band he never got used to it.

jester likes this.