Barefaced One10 Cab

Reaction score
does anyone own one here?

Whats peoples thoughts of this box with a low b string?

Looking for a super compact rig for home and small acoustic stuff with my electric double bass. Looking to power with my demeter 800w head.

Any opinions?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes. What you read about it, people claiming their One Ten is gigworthy, just is not true.
At home it is fine, on stage you need at least two. In my band rehearsal room I would probably need four. Our drummer is just that loud.

Its real power is it sounds really good at low volume settings already, in situations where the two twelve would need to be used too loud for the venue for its sound to 'open up' (birthday parties in livingrooms etc.).
I own one and never really use it. In those situations my PJB combo with 2x5" does a better job for my modern tones. Mind you, if I did not own that PJB combo I probably would use it in those situations. It sounds lovely oldskool.

Last edited:

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
20200404_154849.jpg

Reaction score
Is your Phil jones the briefcase? Would you go that over the barefaced?

i see you are using with an elf. Il be using it with 500w head, have you used the one10 with a more powerful head?

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
My phil jones is the bass cub, it has two inputs each with their separate level and EQ. I can also amplify an acoustic guitar or vocals along with my bass with it.
Really handy for jamming new material with a guitarist.

The pjb sounds modern and quite hi-fi while the one ten is really a more classic sounding speaker cabinet. Both color your sound, each in a different way.

The one ten speaker cone starts distorting before the elf reaches its 130 watts @8ohms, depending on how much I boost low end.
Also, all small speaker cabinets require acoustic coupling from both the floor and a wall behind it to sound any good, otherwise they will seriously lack bottom end no matter if you boost it.
If positioned correctly, they will handle your low B without any hassle as you will not have to boost lows electronically. Acoustic coupling will boost them for you instead.

So what it all boils down to is what you have in mind @ where to use the small cabinet.

I took my one ten to the rehearsal room, tested it with the Tech21 VT500 and Warwick LWA-1000. The one ten could not handle the required volume there and I strongly doubt two of them will.
I am now using my SWR Henry the 8x8 in there instead with the LWA-1000. Small cabinets apparently are just not for me.
At gigs I bring my Barefaced Big Twin II Gen3 as that cab is portable (21 kilograms) and can handle almost any situation.

Top Bottom