Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

B-Stock Warwicks

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Hoggles, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hoggles

Hoggles Good Vibe Sponsor

Just curious if anyone knows what exactly the reasons are for a Warwick to come out of the factory B-Stock?

Is it just minor cosmetic errors or the tone doesn't pass inspection or what?

Here is a link to an example.... It's $1000 USD less than a normal Jazzman. Seems like one hell of a deal if the only thing wrong is a tiny ding or something.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=519102V

2. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

According the MF.
    What are Factory B-Stocks?
    Factory B-Stock products may have scratches, dents, signs of use or other forms of cosmetic damage that do not affect playability or performance. They may also have worn or non-original packaging.

Factory B-Stocks may have been returned to the factory by customers or retailers, or they may have failed to pass quality standards during the manufacturing process. In either case, they are repaired and packaged at the factory for resale at a reduced price. Standards of quality vary from one manufacturer to the next.

Factory B-Stock Guarantees
    Factory B-Stocks are guaranteed by the manufacturer to function or play perfectly and are covered by the manufacturer's warranty, but in some cases Factory B-Stock warranties are shorter in duration than new products. Factory B-Stocks are eligible for extended warranty Gold Coverage and are also covered by Musician's Friend's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Order risk-free and take up to 45 days to check out the gear before deciding to keep it.

As far as I know.No Warwick bass leaves the factory in a less than 100% condition.So these basses might've been damaged in transit or at the store.

3. Hoggles

That's interesting Greg, and thx for the response. You mention that you don't think any Warwicks leave Germany as B-Stock. But above, MF's description says that all B-stocks are returned to the manufacturer..."they are repaired and packaged at the factory for resale at a reduced price"??

I wonder what is Warwicks official word on B-stocks and their warranty etc? Since MF says that they do indeed get shipped back to Germany and then back out again... "factory B-Stock".

4. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

Flo might have someething further to ad.
    As for sending it all the way back to Germany,then back to the USA,then selling it at a reduced price sounds a bit much to me.Maybe these instruments are sent back to DBG,or the countries distributor.That'd make more sense.It seems like all the extra freight costs would eat up any profit the dealer stands to make.

5. Hoggles

Great point! That would not make sense. It must have gone back to DBG, then back to MF.

6. maddrakkett

maddrakkett R.I.P.

Dana B Goods has all the same tools Warwick Germany has - Tyler was showing me a special made wrench that Warwick and DBG use exclusively. DBG has a small repair shop that handles Warwick warranty and other repairs in the US. Once a bass passes and leaves Tyler's hands, it's good as new!

Plus you get 45 days to try it out! Ya can't lose!

7. TylerDurdenPSSC

TylerDurdenPSSC

Having worked for a major corporation that dealt with many different distributors, and never had B-Stock, the return to DBG, or damage in shipping is the most logical answer, imo.

To purchase a Warwick in the states, ship it back to MF (or what have you) and then back to Germany... Would cost a ridiculous amount of cash.

8. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

There are no B stock basses leaving Germany. They can become B stock, in the music shops, demo basses, etc.

9. +JohnnyBoy-

+JohnnyBoy-

I bought my G-K head for 2/3 of the retail price because it had been purchased and returned within 30 days, which would have put it in the "B-stock" category. Aside from lacking the packaging, it was brand spanking new. No scratches, no flaws, etc. Granted, I got mine from GC and got to comb it over before I bought it, but it was worth it.

As an aside, I'll agree with Tyler's post about freight. I deal with an electronics company in Asia and when we have warranty work, we ship when we have a full container, which is about twice a year. To fling basses back and forth across the Atlantic would get stupid expensive.

10. Mangas

Mangas

A lot of the stuff Musicians Friend sell's in their " Scratch and Dent" sales are returns. The stuff thats really messed up goes to their Warehouse Showroom for resale. That includes returns,stuff messed up in transit etc. If any of you come thru Kansas City you can go there and find all types of gear. My Sweet 15.2 came from there. Brand new for $250. Had a factory defect. Cost another $130 for the repairs but still came out way under new price.

11. Boyitz

Boyitz

I got my GK GLX 8x10 for less than it should have been due to a dent. Also at GC. I'd buy a Wick with a dent or scratch for sure.

12. TylerDurdenPSSC

TylerDurdenPSSC

I've never been so lucky when it comes to getting a steal like anything for $200 under. Man, I think my knees would shake and give out, haha.