Audio Interfaces - HALP

Toepfer

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Real Name
Pepe
I switched from an M-Audio (Firewire) to a Universal Audio Apollo (Thunderbolt) Interface and never regretted the switch.
Even the smaler Arrow or Apollo Interfaces sound awesome.
It's not cheap, and it "tempts" you to buy UAD Plugins - but they rule!
I can highly recommend these.

Reactions: RIP

PaulS

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
I am looking for something like this too, but one that I can use 4-8 inputs simultaneously to record live band situations seems like many of them have multiple inputs, but limit how many can be used at a time. I am confused as to what to get

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi RIP, I am using two interfaces. One being the Roland Studio Capture - because it has 16 analog ins and 8 analog outs. We record in the rehearsal room with that.
My other interface is the Scarlett 2i4, which I am using a lot at home. Focusrite drivers never give me any problems on Win10, the latency on this thing is minimal and it sounds just fine.

I think the Solo is not at all a bad choice.

DiMarco

nutcase
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
@PaulS have a look at the Studio Capture I mentioned. I added a quad mic pre box so I can also use mics on the 4 line ins. You even can stack two Studio Captures if you need 32 analog inputs.
It has built in compression you can switch in/out on the mic inputs and it can automatically set the input levels. I am really happy with this gizmo.

RIP

California U.S.A.
Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi RIP, I am using two interfaces. One being the Roland Studio Capture - because it has 16 analog ins and 8 analog outs. We record in the rehearsal room with that.
My other interface is the Scarlett 2i4, which I am using a lot at home. Focusrite drivers never give me any problems on Win10, the latency on this thing is minimal and it sounds just fine.

I think the Solo is not at all a bad choice.
Right on.....thank you DiMarco

Top Bottom