Article: New Article

Reaction score
This is one of times that I'm going to come-in against Warwick. True, they get to control the product -- they make it, after all. But what's the use in preventing consumers from getting parts for alteration / upgrade? Why couldn't someone with a Thumb BO convert it to fretless with a new neck? I for one have done this kind of thing on several old Steinberger / Fender / MusicMan instruments. It didn't hurt their respective mother-companies at all -- it just enhanced my enjoyment of the instruments in question. It's no different than changing the electronics, really -- just a hardware change.

My $0.02

AC

Florin

OG
Reaction score
We are a small factory, AC, with not too many builders, and we are very busy building new basses. We are not a repair shop, and we simply cannot do everything right. I know other makers can do this, but again... we try to build our new basses at a better quality than other builders, so this is our goal.

So we fix a Warwick bass, but we don't change existing basses. If you want a Fretless, just order one and we will build it for you.

Reaction score
Warwick were awesome to me when i needed a replacement neck for my Thumb BO in '06. Doug from Dominant music here in oz organised everything and the whole changeover and fitting of the new neck was very prompt and professionally done.

Reaction score
I don't really understand. What if my neck breaks for example after dropping the bass or something, would I get a new neck if I sent them my broken one? If not, would that just mean my 'Wick becomes unusable?

Reaction score
If you broke your bass's neck like that, and it's a bolt-on neck, then you could contact your local Warwick dealer and arrange to get the neck replaced. Of course, you'd have to pay for it! And if your bass is a neck-through, then I think you'd have to look for a local luthier to patch it up. Having said that, you'd have to drop your bass mighty hard to break the neck - when I accidentally released the straplock on my thumb the headstock left a dent in my amp where it landed, but didn't suffer any damage itself. But kids, don't try this at home! ;)

Florin

OG
Reaction score
Yes, you will have the same neck back repaired or replaced.

Reaction score
Don't the necks have to be fitted? I mean WW neck joints aren't as simple as Fender or such "pocket" neck joints. So, some may be able to change neck, but not everyone will... and be correct. Oh, and Mart, you got lucky. I've seen many tilt back headstocks eat it! At least one's with scarf joints (not WW). Still it would make my heart skip a beat!

Top Bottom