Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Ampeg Micro-vr / Ampeg Svt 210av Cabinet.

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by Briton, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Briton

Briton

I did a search function on this Micro but couldn't find anything so I thought that I would give my opinions on this tiny Amp/Cabinet stack.
    First of all it is small measuring around 32"H x 13"W x 11"D when stacked, and it is so lightweight which is great for transportation. I can lift both Amp and Cab using both forefingers of my hands which is a definite plus for gigs etc. This stack can easily be used for small venues like pubs and clubs, but for bigger venues another 210 Cabinet would be the way to go. It has a 3 band EQ of Bass, Midrange and Treble plus a Gain and Master Volume.
    It also comes with Limiter and -15db functions for Basses with Active circuitry. a Headphone input and an AUX input which enables you to play along with tracks using a Mobile etc. At the back there is an XLR line out and a send return effects loop for your pedals. There are two 1/4" TS output jacks which supply speaker-level power to the speaker cabinet. The rated power output is 200 watts rms into 4 ohms, and the two identical outputs are wired in parallel, and you can use either one, or use both, just make sure the total speaker impedance load is 4 ohms or greater.
    For example, you could connect: Two 16 ohm speakers (an 8 ohm load), Two 8 ohm speakers (a 4 ohm load) or one 4 ohm speaker.
    Don't expect it to sound exactly like a SVT-VR Classic head as it is a Solid State amp, therefore it has no tubes but it does have that distinctive Ampeg tone. I use mine as a practice amp and for recording in my man cave, but as I have previously stated it can be used for live situations. I can see myself using mine for live performances as they are so light to transport.
    I would definitely recommend these little Micros to any grade of Bass Guitarist.

C360_2018-01-08-14-17-27-865.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    RIP and Florin like this.
  2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the review, that's a very cute little amp :)

Briton likes this.