Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

amp distortion?/%^#

Discussion in 'Bass Amps & Cabinets' started by kwf, Jan 8, 2007.

1. kwf

kwf

I play my Streamer ProM 5 thru an Ampeg BA115...I'm getting disortion thru my amp, kinda like the bass has got too much growl and bite for the amp, I did notice the increase of gain when i plugged in my recent purchace (Streamer Pro). I placed a new 9v battery in the bass, placed the bass in the -15db input (being an active bass), put on new strings... I'm kinda scrathin my head on this...I posted a similar message in the bass forum, but decided to throw one in here as well!

Is it a specific to the amp issue or is it that i need a better amp to carry the classy growl of the streamer?
    any feedbackwould be great
    cheers guys

• Warwick Streamer ProM 5
      Ampeg BA 115

2. Grgzilla

Grgzilla

G'day mate,have you tried the bass through another amp?If so & the problem persists the best thing to do is take it to a guitar repair person & let them check it out.Keep us posted,good luck & a big fat welcome to the forum. :D

3. Charmand G

Charmand G

KWF: I had a similar problem with my BA115, but that was noise from the speaker and a guarantee-case.

Try another bass on the amp too, and go from there.

4. kwf

kwf

fender bassman 150?

thanks for your respones guys...

I tried a few different amps, a couple had the buzz/distorion things goin...so I was starting to think maybe my pick-ups are up to high, causing a huge increase in volume! but today I triad a Fender Bassman 150piezo horn bass speaker, at it blew me away. Not only was it crytal clear with distortion even when i picked real hard, it complimented the tone of the Streamer Pro bewtifully...i think i'm gonna buy it, it definilty has the sound I'm after!

have you guys heard of this amp before?