Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

Amazing Tone from Infinity

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by joekickass, Jan 5, 2010.

1. joekickass

joekickass

Guys, I'm in love with the Infinity tone...........

http://forum.warwick.de/13-warwick-stage/10697-pics-christmas-300ft-gorilla.html

I am wonder how can I get the tone if I get a Infinity....there are some clip of Infinity in the net but there is no one like this, maybe the sounds I heard is from the mixer.

The best stage Warwicks sound I got is from my SSI 5, deep low and bright high, SSII is good too but not as "big" as SSI, the sounds from "300ft Gorilla" is punch, clean, Q and cut thru of course.....

There are 2 more clip on the Web Site of 300ft-Gorilla, maybe the quality of camera, it sounds like the others Infinity on the net...

is there any one try both Infinity NT and Infinity SN....how different is the sounds? I may just afford the SN version

Joe

2. bassoctopus

bassoctopus

Hi Joe :)

I posted this in the Rookie Infinity thread.

What you're hearing on that recording is a desk recording of the band, with a bit of reverb and compression added afterwards by me. The other recordings we have on the net are just through camera mics.

The signal that is going through the desk is just a straight flat DI from my amp, which has an awesome studio quality DI circuit. The amp is a Thunderfunk 550A - a notch of bass and treble boost on the amp, parametric is flat. The bass eq is all flat, but I occasionally use a little bit of top end for slap and if my strings are getting old. The strings at that gig are brand new Red Labels.

But TBH that's how my Infinity sounds. I always get good comments about it when playing live. Even from people who have never noticed the bass before!