Alien

Reaction score
Hey, wondering if there was anyone that knows if there is a sound hole cover for the Alien Rockbass.

Have had mine for about 6 weeks now and done a few of gigs with it. Love it to death, but have noticed that it tends to feedback and over-resonate, and pick up the rest of the bands vibration while plugged in, which contributes to the issue.
I have tried suppressing it using the notch and phase controls, but it has little to no effect. My brother plays normal 6 string acoustic and uses a sound hole cover to good effect at keeping his from feeding back, so I was hoping that one for my Alien would help also. But I cant seem to find one anywhere the right shape.

Nachobassman

Bass, Tapas, and Rn´R!
Reaction score
Hello there, as far as I know there is no cover available for Alien basses...

That said, I think you could easily make one. Even with a plastic bag and tape.

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
Cort SJB-5-F Acoustic 002.jpg

My Cort has a sound hole cover installed. Tbh it doesn´t help that much. The bass still needs some opening to let the top swing enough. You just need the right amp with working notch and phase controls. Or at least a pedal with these features working effectively. I´m 100 per cent happy with my Marshall AS-100D combo. Not a bargain though, but sometimes you can find them second hand for decent prices. Three channels: guitar, bass, microphone! And a fourth input for a playback source (chinch).

Cort SJB-5-F Acoustic 019.jpg

Reaction score
thanks man, but I dont think I want to go with foam.

Reaction score
looks like I'll have to get one made. Lutehole.com are willing, but I didn't think wood would be a good solution

Hardy

Good Vibe Sponsor
Reaction score
thanks man, but I dont think I want to go with foam.

He is kidding!

But you will always have problems playing a full acoustic bass via such a powerful bass amp.

Reaction score
Another option might be positioning, as sometimes changing position slightly to isolate from PA etc giving your bass a shake can help

Reaction score
I've decided to give Lutehole.com a crack at making me one. If they are able, and it works, I'll post it.

Top Bottom