Dismiss Notice
Join The Good Vibe Zone today, and hangout with the nicest bass community in the world :)

3-band preamp for a Streamer LX

Discussion in 'Bass Guitars' started by Augie, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Augie

Augie The Desert Bass-ape

I have recently purchaseds a new old-stock 05 Streamer LX4. Firstly it totally blew me away, the clarity of the J and the increadible growly meatiness of the P pups are about as nice as i've heard.

The only issue i haveis that coming from playing a LX jazzman i'm really missing the mid control. I just cant seem to dial in the sounds i want with ease like i can do on the Jazzman. What are the reccomdations for a 3-band for a LX? I am thinking of dropping in a MEC as it would probably be simple to do and not change the tasty tasty sound of my new burgundy babe.

What other good options are there out there, I dont have much experience in what wicks sound like with other pres instaleld.

Now.....GO! Reccomend!

2. Florin

Florin Warwick Forum Administrator Staff Member

I like the MEC 3 way quite a lot :)

3. verb

verb Good Vibe Sponsor

Hi'
    I have no experience with the MEC but I do like my Aguilar OBP-3 and if I installed another 3 band EQ I would be tempted by the EMG BQ as it has variable mids and selectable treble frequencies.

4. Gusts

Gusts

I recently ordered a Seymour Duncan STC 3A, because the Mec preamp on my streamer has some issues I can't fix, so I decided to try something new but not that very different.
    I used to have a thumb bo 5 and made an upgrade from Mec 2 way to Mec 3 way. Didn't give me that much actually and I realized only after that it was a useless one, because I never used the mid control on the bass.
    =g=

5. Pedro

Pedro

I really liked the MEC 3-band. It is quite expensive compared to other preamps, but it does sound awesome. I only swapped mine out because through passive preamps it was too noisy.