2009 Line Up PICS!!!

Reaction score
OMG, that corvette LTD 09 looks amazing, i really want one, the zender looks great as well, but the wood on the P-nut looks killer.

Reaction score
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
Greg said:
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
FunkyMan said:
Gents, Stu Zender Bass is simply amazing! Unique IMO! The body is curved or flat? hope response! :)

Should have a concave back, as this is
essentially a chopped and skrewed SSI.

I just dont see that Tyler.
To my eyes,it has more in common with a Fortress than a Streamer.

I guess you're right Greg, I never
even noticed the elongated upper
horn.

Did a little comparing, and it's got
a Fortress like body, but it almost
looks narrower in the hips.

Regardless, I don't dig.

Me either.I mean,I wouldnt buy it.I dont think it's ugly.
It's a bit of an anti climax for me.I didnt know what to expect & when I saw it,I thought,is that it?Ok.
It's a signature bass so as long as Stuart is happy with it,that's all that really matters.I dunno how many will be made,maybe as few as 50,like the P-nutt models.So it's not like the future of Warwick is dependant on this model being a run away success.
I think basically I'm just too used to seeing SZ playing a Streamer & subconciously wanted to see it based on an SS1 in white or chrome tone.
As for the P-nutt.I didnt really expect it to be much different to the last 2 runs.& it isnt.As far as I can tell,it's like an SS2 with a humbucker in the bridge.It's not going to be that far removed tonewise from an SS2.Which isnt a bad thing at all.If anything,it's a great thing.Imo it doesnt get much better than the SS2.

Reaction score
Hey Greg,

I think for the regular forum posters the anticipation of a Zender model has been built up so high that nothing could satisfy. On a personal level I find it really refreshing that Zender and Warwick moved forward and created bass for a new phase. Would not surprise me to see him use SS1 and SS2 anyway as well as his SZ model.

SIgnature models like the SZ and Hellborg are totally personal basses, right down to the artowrk and inlays. They can never appeal to all.

I also believe the SS1 and SS2 are perfect! what could one change. TM understands that and has taken a SS1 as it is and custom painted.

Reaction score
Sorry forgot to also say that the signature bass collaborations are not just for the intention of selling that model. They are a for a brilliant bass builder and artist to push the envelope of design, craftsmanship and ideas that flo down the entire range. Everyone wins.

Reaction score
Warwick/Framus Australia said:
Sorry forgot to also say that the signature bass collaborations are not just for the intention of selling that model. They are a for a brilliant bass builder and artist to push the envelope of design, craftsmanship and ideas that flo down the entire range. Everyone wins.

That makes sense. It's like a concept bass..............that's actually for sale. Sweet..... 8)

Reaction score
when will the new warwick/rockbass colour catalogs be out i wonder?

JanVanHove

Artist
Reaction score
Personally I love the shape of the Zender Bass, and it would be amazing that the shape would "trickle down" to a more "entry" level, something in the same spirit as the JE Signature buzzard vs the buzzard BO, for instance...

Or better yet, make that entry model a rockbass, and I'll be a happy camper! :p

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
JanVanHove said:
Personally I love the shape of the Zender Bass, and it would be amazing that the shae would "trickle down" to a more "entry" level, something in the same spirit as the JE Signature buzzard vs the buzzard BO, for instance...

Or better yet, make that entry model a rockbass, and I'll be a happy camper! :p

oh that would be sweet.

Reaction score
Greg said:
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
FunkyMan said:
Gents, Stu Zender Bass is simply amazing! Unique IMO! The body is curved or flat? hope response! :)

I also see it as a variation of the Fortress rather than a Streamer. :wink:

on my original response I even commented on the variation of a Fortress. The Streamer did not even ring a bell when I saw that bass :wink:

BassPlyr Randy

Long Winded SOB
Reaction score
trujo777 said:
Greg said:
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
FunkyMan said:

on my original response I even commented on the variation of a Fortress. The Streamer did not even ring a bell when I saw that bass :wink:

Actually, my first thought when I saw it was it reminded me more of a Ritter. Especially that upper horn. But hey, no matter what it's influences may have or have not been, I like it.

Reaction score
BassPlyr Randy said:
trujo777 said:
Greg said:
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
FunkyMan said:

Actually, my first thought when I saw it was it reminded me more of a Ritter. Especially that upper horn. But hey, no matter what it's influences may have or have not been, I like it.

I too thought about a Ritter because of the horns. to me what I thought was a Fortress with Ritter horns...that is what came to my mind. 8)

I did not mention the Ritter because we were speaking in Warwickan or Warwickish. :wink: :lol: :lol: 8) :wink: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
So is this supposed to be the lower level SZ signature? If it is, I'm scared to see the upper level one. :shock: On the lower level one (if this is the upper level one) I'd be content if warwick just took out the inlays. :D Or if it was streamer in shape, w/o the inlays.

Ian

The Undecided Frog
Reaction score
Nay, I'm pretty sure it's the upper level SZ signature... I mean, 4100 euros for a LOWER level would simply be INSANE.

Reaction score
Ian said:
Nay, I'm pretty sure it's the upper level SZ signature... I mean, 4100 euros for a LOWER level would simply be INSANE.

How much was the Cream reunion bass again!?

Reaction score
At first it is difficult to adapt to new things that are unusual! I see many forumers indifferent to the SZ bass but gradually going to love it. initially I did not liked the Thumb, but now I think are beautiful! I think the SZ is amazing! I can not generalize, that is just my opinion!!

Reaction score
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
Ian said:

About 30 euros cheaper than the SZ signature bass at 4.164,00 €.

Reaction score
Greg said:
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
Ian said:

:shock:

That thing is like $8k in the 'States!

Reaction score
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
Greg said:
TylerDurdenPSSC said:
Ian said:

:shock:

That thing is like $8k in the 'States!

Welcome to my world bro.Both the US & AU $ are weak against the euro.
These are "list" prices.
Nobody ever pays list price. :wink:

Top Bottom